eleven

i woke up to rocks being thrown at my window.

what the hell.

i started to get up when my mom eventually came into my room.

"who the hell is throwing things at your window?"

i shrugged and walked to the window realizing that it was george. i lifted the window and he sighed in relief, "finally," he said. i laughed.

"let's go on an adventure." he said.

i laughed again, but looked back at my mom for approval. she nodded and i started to get ready. i closed the window of course.

i dressed in black leggings, a white t-shirt, and some black and white jordans. i took my purse and got out fifty dollars before returning it.

i started to go down the stairs to walk out and mom stopped me. "yes?" i said.

"have fun." she smiled and kissed my forehead. we said i love you, because you never know what's going to happen, and with that... i left.

"hey, butt face." i said making george gasp.

"well, hi. who pissed in your cereal?" he laughed and i playfully punched him in his arm.

"so, where are we going?" i asked.

"it's a surprise, but first we need to get some breakfast. i haven't eaten and neither have you, so let's eat." he said.

a smile crept on my face, "i know a place..." i said before grabbing his hand forcing him to run with me.

after five minutes of running, we eventually made it to the diner.

"what's this place?" he asked.

"a diner... where you eat food." i said. we both laughed a bit.

"you know what i mean." he said rolling his eyes.

"this is the place where my sister, demi, used to take me every saturday when we were close."

"oh. and what do you mean by when you were close?" he asked making me get a bit sadder.

flashback:

"babygirl, i'm taking you here because i love this place and i also love you oh so very much." demi said to a 6 year old me.

"i love you too, dems." i said.

we sat down as paula took our order.

well mine.

demi ordered me a number 10.

"and for you demi?" paula said.

"nothing, but water." she said with a small smile.

paula nodded and then left.

"demi, why didn't you get any food?" i asked.

"honey, because girls like me don't deserve it."

end of flashback.

"uhh," he began to speak. "nevermind."

just then the waitress came over. she was pretty old, but i remember her.

"hey, paula!" she used to serve us all the time. she loves me and demi.

"hi, baby! i haven't seen you in forever! where's your sister?" she asked.

"she's not here with me today, but here is george, my friend." i said and she raised an eyebrow.

"hey, george. i have to go make a phone call, i'll be right back." i said as i left to go to the bathroom.