thirty-two

"dallas, come on. you act like i skip the school all the time. give me a damn break." i said rolling my eyes.

"no, young lady. and say goodbye to your friend." she said pulling me in the door and shutting it behind me.

"i didn't even get to say goodbye!" i said smirking which made her get even more serious.

"now is not the time. i know that mom did not raise you this way. why on earth would you skip class?" she yelled.

"because i felt like it." i said.

"well, since you felt like it, why don't you feel like going up to your room and staying there until i tell you to come out?" she said.

i nodded and stomped upstairs.

i checked my phone and saw that i got a text from alyssa.

"hey, it's alyssa." she said.

"yeah, i know, dipshit." i said laughing.

"did you get in trouble?" she asked.

"a bit, but not for long. i can still party." i said.

"don't make me get in trouble! well, i have to go out to eat with my dad. talk later." she said.

i didn't respond. i played spotify and went on my macbook and scrolled through my twitter feed.

"gabriela?" i could hear dallas yelling from downstairs, but i ignored her.

she began to walk upstairs, but i got up to lock my door instead so that she won't come in.

she fidgeted with the door.

she left for a while, but i assumed that that was only to get the key, so i turned everything off except the music and pretended that i was asleep.

about five minutes later, i heard my door open, and dallas sighed. she came over and kissed my head and put some covers over me.

i know that she means the best for me, but sometimes she just has to understand that i'm gonna have my moments.

when i was sure dallas was gone, i went on my laptop and watched netflix. i didn't even bother having dinner.

i ended up staying up until about five. i'll be tired. by the time i went to sleep, it was time to wake up.

i groaned as my alarm clock sounded.

"what's the groaning for?" dallas asked laughing while brushing her teeth. i decided to be nice, so i smiled.

"why are you up?" i asked rubbing my eyes.

"they called me into work." she said sighing. "i'll be here when you get home from school though." she said. i nodded.

i got up, took a quick shower, and put on my clothes. i wore black leggings, a blue t-shirt, and a black beanie with blue sunglasses and my black uggs.

walking out of the house, i decided to go grab some starbucks. walking in, i saw alyssa at the counter.

i went up to her, "what are you doing here?" i said tapping her on the shoulder. she turned around and smiled.

"aw man. i hoped you wouldn't be here." she said frowning right after.

"why?" i said hurt.

"venti white chocolate mocha." the barista said setting it down.

"that's why." alyssa said pointing at the drink.

"you got me a drink?" i said squealing.

she nodded. i went over and picked it up taking a sip, but cursing myself because it was scorching hot.