five

"demetria devonne lovato!" mom screamed as she shut the door behind her.

little old me and dallas went downstairs, because all we heard was muffled screaming.

"baby girl, you alright?" dallas said.

"yeah, dally," i started. "thank you for that. you didn't have to do that for me though. i guess i've learned to live with it." i finished letting my voice go quieter.

"listen baby, you don't ever have to feel that way at all. i never want you to. you shouldn't have to live with it and be used to it. why didn't you tell mom or me? i shouldn't have to ask!" dallas said getting worked up.

"i-i just didn't want to make demi mad. she'd hit me or something." i said.

"well, you come to me or mom or eddie if you ever feel a certain way. i don't want you to feel scared of demi. you're my baby girl/ sister. i will always protect you and never let anyone get away with hurting you. do you understand?" dallas said.

i nodded my head yes.

"hey, dally?" i asked.

"yes, gabs?" she responded

"sing to me?" i said. with that... she started singing.

hold
hold on
hold up to me
cause im a little unsteady
a little unsteady

hold
hold on
hold up to me
cause im a little unsteady
a little unsteady

momma
come here
approach

she began to sing. but, we were interrupted. by the sound of a loud door slamming.

"fuck you. fuck you. fuck you." repeatedly was being said all the way down the stairs by demi until she got the front door.

she made eye contact with dallas and i.

"hey gabriela?" demi said. i sat up and looked at her.

"FUCK YOU!" demi said sticking up her middle finger.

i laid back down and snuggled into dallas' chest. dallas began to open her mouth, but of course demi beat her to it.

"fuck you too, bitch." demi said coldly and walked out the door and slammed it loudly.

there was crying at the top of the stairs. it wasn't dallas obviously, me... again obviously, eddie, or mom.

it was maddie.

i knew how much demi means to her, and for maddie to see her walk right out on her? that must be hard.

i got up and walked near maddie. approaching the top steps to where she was i began to speak.

"hey mads-" i began.

"shut the hell up, and get away from me." maddie said with a whole lot of anger.

"maddie. im just try-" i said.

"you've "helped" enough. if that's what you even want to call it. thanks to you, dallas, and mom... my favorite member of the family just walked out and left!" she said yelling.

"well, damn." the whole rest of the family said in unison, causing us all to laugh.

"how the fuck are y'all laughing?" maddie said.

"dude, chill out it's okay, she'll be back." i said holding out a hand.

maddie smacked my hand down.

"how do you know?" she said crossing her arms and raising her voice along with eyebrow.

"madison... her shit is in here. you act like she rented a truck and took everything with her. calm down!" i said getting frustrated with my little sister's attitude.