twelve

i woke up to my phone ringing.

i look at the time and it's about five thirty. i picked up the phone and groaned.

"hello?" i said in a sleepy voice.

the other person on the line chuckled and started to speak, "i'm sorry, are you sleeping?" she said.

quickly realizing it was demi, i sat up, "no, no. please, talk." i smiled a little.

this is my sister. sure, there's still hate in me, but i'm ready for that to be over.

"okay, so what's up?" she says. i roll my eyes a bit.

"i think, it's time for this to end. we have been hating each other for a while now and i am tired of it. you always treat me like crap, but everyone else better. i'm your sister for fucks sake." i said letting everything out.

"gabs, i am really sorry. i know that i am the most shittiest sister, and i actually do feel bad. it was never you, it's always me. i guess i've always been jealous because you're the better sister." she tried to continue on, but i stopped her.

"that's fine. i understand, it doesn't make everything okay, but let's start over." i said hopeful.

"agreed," she chuckled. "it's amazing how my fifteen year old baby sister is wiser and more mature than me." she said.

i laughed a bit too, it's the truth. "demi, everyone is more mature than you," i said.

"gabriela! dinner is ready!" i heard mom yell.

"okay!" i yelled.

"where are you, anyway?" i asked demi.

"sweetie, i can't say right now, but... go eat dinner i'll text you later, okay?" she said.

"sure. bye demi." and with that, i turned off my phone and put it on charge making my way downstairs.

there were empanadas. mm my favorite.

"why are you cooking empanadas?" i asked suspiciously.

she only cooks empanadas when something huge is going to happen.

"well, let's just eat first." mom said.

we began to eat and halfway through the meal, dallas cleared her throat.

"i have to tell you something, gabi..." i stopped eating because she sounded like this was going to hurt me.

maddie was at a friend's house, so i assumed dallas had already told her.

"i'm moving to new york." she said.

i began to laugh.

"w-why are you laughing" she said.

"because you're kidding." i started eating again and she just stared.

"you are, kidding right?" i said.

"no, baby. i am actually leaving." she said.

she began to start again, but i couldn't take it. i ran upstairs and before i knew it, slammed the door in dallas' face.

she knocked and opened it.

dang, i didn't lock it.

i was laying on my bed crying when dallas came and laid next to me running my back.

"please sit up, you didn't let me finish." she spoke sitting up.

i sat up too wiping my eyes. apparently tears were still falling because she too, wiped my tears off of my face.