forty-three

"what do you mean you're dallas' twin? dallas doesn't have a twin. does she?" i asked. i don't know what to believe.

dallas' twin nodded. "about a month ago, i found dallas on instagram, and realized how much we looked alike. we both decided to meet in person and that's when we found out that we have the same mother, and father." she explained.

"holy shit, this just gets better and better" demi said smiling in disbelief.

"i'm so sorry for dallas' death. i wish i could've stopped her. i-i was just so afraid that i ran away." she said beginning to sob.

"you mean to tell me, that you could've stopped my sister's death? and you didn't? bitch." i spat.

mom was quiet through the whole thing. i turned around to her.

"and, mom? what do you have to say? to all of us? why didn't you tell any of us?" i said crying.

"it was for the best." she said softly.

"so, giving me up for adoption, making me go through things that i would've never had to if you would've kept me was for the best?" dallas' twin yelled.

"i'm sorry." mom said walking towards dallas' twin, but she stepped away before mom reached her.

it began to rain hard so everyone stepped back inside. way to ruin my party.

and, the worst thing is, i don't even know her name!

she began to follow us in.

"get out." i spat. she looked hurt, but turned around and ran out. about two minutes later i did the same thing.

how is she going to show up here and ruin my party in front of my friends and my family.

i ran outside of the building in the cold and hard rain, and sat on the ground in my dress that was now soaking wet.

"baby girl?" demi came running out to me. all she knew was that she needed to hold me, and that's what i knew too.

after about ten minutes, "you know there's a party still going on inside, and they'd appreciate it if you came back and opened your gifts." she laughed.

"my make up is all ruined." i said.

she picked up her purse and grabbed some napkins and began to wash all of the make up on my face away.

"now i'm going to look u-" i began, but stopped remembering that any second now, demi would give me a long ass speech on how beautiful i am.

"so, i guess you figured out never to say that around me." she said giggling. i stood up, grabbed her hand and walked back into my party.

"the birthday girl is back! let's all take a seat while she opens some more presents!" the dude said.

you know, it'd be a lot better if i knew his name.

i began to open up some presents. a lot of them contained money and a card, but i'm greatful.

i grabbed the gift that said alyssa's name on it. i waved for her to come up here. just to show her that we're still friends.

"sorry, again." she said shamefully.

"forget about it, best friend." i said smiling.

i opened it up, and there was a piece of broken wood with alyssa and i's face carved into it. our names were below.

"is this the wood from the pa-" i said running my fingers over it. she silently nodded.

i got up and gave her a big hug. i turned to the d.j.