Chapter 74

They were silent for awhile when suddenly Richard said, "I wrote a new song for you. Wanna hear it?"

She nodded, and looked up to see him clear his throat and closed his eyes. He started singing softly.

🎶Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But, I want you in it
Every hour, every minute

This world can race by far too fast
Hard to see while it's all flying past
But, it's clear now
When you're standing here now
I am meant to be wherever you are next to me

All I want to do
Is come running home to you
Come running home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep running home to you
Keep running home
To you

And I could see it
Right from the start
That you would be
Be my light in the dark
Light in the dark
Oh, you gave me no other choice
But to love you

All I want to do
Is come running home to you
Come running home to you
And all my life I promise to
Keep running home to you
Keep running home
Home to you

Can't say how the days will unfold
Can't change what the future may hold
But, I want you in it
Every hour, every minute...🎶

"How did I get so lucky?"

"I'm the lucky one," he replied. "I have the most amazing girlfriend!"

She reached out and placed a kiss on his cheek, then she placed her head on his chest and sighed, "Thank you, RJ."

"I wish I could kiss you right now," he said as he drew her closer to him.

"Haven't you been kissing me since you've gotten here?"

"Not the way I really want," he sighed. "Your parents are inside and we agreed to keep the PDA to a minimum when they're in the area."

"They're already asleep."

"Ate Vangie?"

"Her room's at the back."

"Don't tempt me, Maine. Hanging by a thread, remember?"

Maine just smiled and cuddled closer, burying her head on the crook of his neck and breathe in his scent.

"You're not making this easy for me, are you?" Richard sighed as he felt Maine trace his jawline with her finger.

"Nope," was her only answer.

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He closed his eyes and pinched the ridge of his nose. He heard Maine giggle, and that took away all the self control he had left. She heard him mutter, "you asked for it" and wondered what it meant.

Without warning, Richard held her waist and back as they both tumbled down the blanket with him on top of her. Maine was so startled that she wasn't able to react, not even to whimper a protest. Richard brushed the hair out of Maine's face from their tumble. He stared intently into her eyes, there was a look of hunger and longing, before he crashed his lips into hers in a passionate kiss.

Maine moaned in pleasure as she gave him access. Richard explored her mouth, their tongues dancing to a slow sensual beat. He groaned as he felt her arms crawl up to his neck, her fingers playing with the hair on his nape. Everytime he kissed Maine, it was like kissing her for the first time. She tasted so sweet, like strawberries. Her body was so soft and silky, he trailed his finger on her arm, giving it a soft caress.

He broke the kiss and trailed kisses down her jawline to her neck, nipping at the skin every so often that Maine moaned softly.

"Shh..." Richard whispered in her ear as he nipped at her earlobe. "You don't want your parents to wake up, do you?"

He continued to trail kisses on her neck as he reached her other ear, giving it the same attention as before. Maine stifled a moan.

"RJ..." She whispered, before he went back to her lips and claimed it once more.

This time around, his kiss was more demanding, possessing her in such a way that there was no question in both their hearts and minds. She was his and he was hers.

Richard's hand that was holding Maine's waist found the hem of her shirt and was slowly inching its way up in a torturous caress. His hand was warm on her skin. He heard her whimper as she pulled her arms back, her hands finding out how hard his biceps were as she gripped them tightly in anticipation.

Just when he was about to reach his destination, Richard heard a car approach. He immediately drew his hand back and broke their kiss. Both of them were breathing hard, trying to catch their breaths. He looked back as he saw the car drove passed their houses, its headlights hitting the road but thankfully not on them. When the car was gone, they were back in the semi-darkness with the moon and the stars their only source of light. Richard leaned back down to give her a soft kiss on the lips before he rested his forehead on hers, his one hand on her cheek, his thumb giving it a caress.

"Sorry, My Heart," he sighed. "I got carried away."

"Don't ruin the moment by apologizing," she replied. "I wanted it too."

He sighed once more as he pulled away and sat beside her. He said, "we should call it a night."

Maine pouted but nodded. Richard stood first and reached out to pull her up. He overestimated on purpose, making Maine stumble forward and immediately wrapped her arms around his waist to steady herself. Richard reached out behind her neck and pulled her to him in a searing kiss, his way to compensate for their interrupted moment on the blanket. She moaned softly as she heard him groan. He reluctantly pulled away ending the kiss. Forehead to forehead once more, both of their eyes closed, they were just content to be in each other's presence.

"I really need to go," he whispered as he kissed her forehead one more time before pulling away. "Good night, My Heart."

"Good night, My Home. Sweet dreams."

She walked the small distance with him to their gate and watched him go out. But he stayed while he watched her walk to their front door. She turned and waved one more time before heading inside.

-oo-

Author's Note:
Song disclaimer: Today's song is called "Running Home To You", sung first in The Flash/Supergirl Crossover episode "Duets". The song was sung by Grant Gustin aka The Flash. I think this is an original song for the episode so I hope you guys liked it. I veered away from Lifehouse at the moment because I was so in love with the song, and it was pretty apt for this chapter. 😊

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Special thanks to thejraphaelwrites for helping with the proofread and giving it his seal of approval. 😝