Chapter 88

Maine came into their room a few hours later, Richard was reading his book when she arrived. They were silent for a time as Maine prepared herself for bed and Richard concentrating on his book. She was wearing his shirt again as she climb up the bed and crawled towards him. He once again adjusted his position so he could accommodate her. He put the book down as Maine wrapped her arms around his waist and he enveloped her in his arms. She placed her head on his chest and sighed. He felt her relax as he kissed the top of her head and his hand was rubbing her upper arm in an up and down motion to ease the tension.

"How did the rest of the night go?" Richard asked.

"It was okay," Maine replied. "Jerald and Tom were telling jokes, while Anne and Patty were trying to stop Sam from singing. He has a horrible voice and it's worse when he's drunk."

Richard gave a soft chuckle but he kept silent.

"They told me to hide your shorts though," she added. "So you wouldn't let me wear them tomorrow."

He barked out a laugh and said, "are my shorts really that horrible?"

Maine just smiled and cuddled closer. She replied, "not really. I actually like wearing your clothes."

"I've noticed," he smiled as he tugged at the sleeve of the shirt she was wearing. "And I do love seeing you wear them. But, Martin's right. I let them see your chest, why not your legs too. They are a gorgeous pair of legs after all. Just don't be too far from me, Heart. I still don't want to fight off every single guy that would ogle at you tomorrow."

"Well, they can ogle all they want, Home," Maine said. "But your hands are the only ones that can touch them."

She let out a sigh as she felt Richard kiss the top of her head.

"Martin came and apologized," she continued as she pulled away and sat facing him. "He was really remorseful. He was crying when he came to me asking for forgiveness."

He kept silent and just looked at her. She continued as she reached for his hand, "he was really sorry. Home, he didn't mean it that way. It just came out."

Richard just looked at her and sighed. He reached out to caress her cheek and asked, "what about you, my Heart? How do you feel?"

He saw that she seemed uneasy with the question, but she took a deep breath and said, "I was a bit hurt. But this is Martin we're talking about. You know him more than I do and you know that he wouldn't intentionally hurt me. But yes, his words did hurt. I'm kinda second guessing myself now if I should wear that bathing suit again."

Richard cursed under his breath as he pulled her to him and claimed her mouth in a searing kiss. He sat her on his lap, both legs on either side as she straddled on him, her hands fisting on his shirt. One of his hand was on the back of her neck while the other was at her back, searching for the hem of her shirt. His kiss was demanding and so full of want for her. She whimpered when he broke the kiss, their breaths ragged.

He reached out and placed a finger under her chin, lifting it to face him, "Maine, look at me. If I have to repeat myself over and over until I sound like a broken record, I will. Don't you ever feel ashamed of your scar. It is the most beautiful part of you. It shows the kind of woman you've become. Beautiful, smart, funny, brave...the total package. I had always been in awe of you since the beginning. And all I had that time was a small window in my monitor.

"Don't let anyone make you feel insignificant because of your scar. Be proud of it. I mean, seriously. Who do you know that has survived a heart transplant at age fourteen? I know only one. And she's right here, sitting in front of me, looking so gorgeous as hell that I'm failing my willpower roll just looking at her."

Maine couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips as she leaned forward and kissed him softly. She pulled away and said, "I love you, my Home, so so much!"

"I love you, my Heart," he replied. "If nothing else, believe in that."

Richard pulled her to him once more and claimed her mouth. He kissed her slowly this time and more passionate. Her arms wrapped around his neck, as his arms went around her waist. He heard her intake of breath as his hand found the hem of her shirt and crawled underneath it. He found one of her breast and gently massaged it to the same rhythm as their kiss. He heard her moan as he left her mouth and trailed soft kisses from her jaw to her neck, nipping at the soft flesh every so often. He returned to her lips and kissed her once more, with more intensity that time around.

She felt his hand leave her breast and without breaking the kiss, Maine felt herself being lifted and found herself lying down on their bed, with Richard on top of her. She felt one of his hand travel downwards while the other found her breast once more, repeating his ministrations, as he left her lips to trail kisses down her neck. She held on to his shoulders as she squirmed underneath him when his fingers went inside her underwear and brushed her entrance.

"RJ..." She moaned as she felt him suck and nip at her shoulder while his fingers deftly played with her nub. She whimpered as she clutched the back of his shirt tightly.

"RJ!!!" Maine cried out again as she felt multiple sensations in her body. Richard continued with his ministrations within her folds with one hand, her breast being massaged by the other and its twin, being teased by his tongue as it peeked from the neck hole of her shirt. Maine squirmed underneath him, her breaths in ragged pants. He knew she was nearing her peak as he continued to tease her body into submission.

She screamed his name as she reached her peak, clutching his shirt tightly on his back. He claimed her mouth once more in a searing kiss, until she came down from her high. With a few more nips on her lips, he ended the kiss and rolled off her. He then collected her in his arms, her head was on his chest, her arms around his waist. He kissed the top of her head as he enveloped her in a loose embrace.

"Are you okay, Maine?" He asked.

She was breathing hard as she stifled a yawn but nodded in satisfaction.

"Get some sleep, my Heart," Richard said. "You had a very exhausting day today."

"RJ?"

"Hmm?"

"What did Jerald mean when he said that this wasn't your first rodeo?"