Chapter 105

Richard felt Maine stir. She was lying on him, her head resting on his chest close to his heart, an arm on his waist claiming possession. One arm was around her shoulders, his fingers brushing her upper arm in an up and down motion.

He'd been up for some time now and just watched her sleep. He let out a contented sigh as Maine slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him when their eyes met. She cuddled closer and buried her head on the crook of his neck.

"I will enjoy waking up like this everyday," Maine sighed.

"We've been waking up like this since Martin forced us to share a room," Richard chuckled as he caressed her cheek with his free hand.

"We don't get to do this back home," she remarked. "Besides, this is different."

"How is it different?"

"You've never made love to me those previous nights."

He tightened his hold on her and said, "how are you feeling?"

"I feel fine."

"Seriously, Maine," Richard said as he looked at her from her position on his chest. "How are you? Does it hurt anywhere?"

"I'm really fine, my Home," Maine remarked as she shifted her position to face him. "Admittedly a little sore but you were wonderful. I think I'm up for another round."

"Another round?" He said in surprise. "Don't tempt me, my Heart. I've been wanting you since we've been together. I can do this all day."

"Can we?"

"Oh, how you test my willpower, Heart. If we're not flying back to Manila later, I'll take you up on that."

Maine pouted which made Richard chuckle and pulled her closer to him.

"Well," he commented with a soft chuckle. "You're an insatiable little vixen. Who knew that about you."

"Only with you, Home."

He leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips. Maine laid back down on his chest, savouring their closeness.

"Home?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we keep our engagement from the team at the moment?" She asked while she played with her ring. "I want our families to know first."

"I have no problem with that," Richard replied. "You'd better keep the ring then. But our parents already have an idea since I've asked Tito and Tita for your hand."

"When did you manage to do that?"

"That time when you went out to lunch with your friend, Reese," he explained. "I also took our parents out for lunch and that's when I asked permission to marry you."

"Dad gave you a hard time, didn't he?" She inquired.

"Of course," he replied. "Well, both of them did. Although, Tito Teddy more than Tita Me-Ann."

"So," she asked. "What did you guys talked about?"

"Can I just keep that between me and our parents for the time being?" He requested as pulled her to him, kissing the top of her head. "I'm sure it will come up on family reunions. Along with the Rich's room incident."

He felt Maine's body shake with fits of giggles. Yes, he knew that he would never live that down.

"Speaking of reunions," Maine said. "Do you think we could get Teena for a flower girl? I know we've barely kept in touch with the family, but I miss Teena."