Chapter 41

Alison's P.O.V

I looked out in the distance, thinking about what had just occurred. My mind kept wondering to my uncle Seth. I looked up towards the heavens as if I can see him looking back directly back at me. "I am so lost without you. I don't know what to do anymore," I whispered.

Jack and the rest of my other pack left a while ago.

As I continued to stare out in the distance i had this strange feeling that someone was watching me. I sniffed the air and there was definitely someone there.

Henry, I need you to take a patrol and scan the west perimeter. Let me know if you find anything, I said through mind link.

Yes alpha, he responded.

It's the same gut feeling I had not so long ago. If it is what I think it is, then not only my packs are in danger, but so is every pack.

10 minutes had passed when I heard a knock on my office door, "Come in," I said as I sat at my desk.

Henry came in along with 2 other pack members.They gave a quick bow and Henry had something in his hand.

"What did you find?"

He responded, "At first we didn't find much, but as we got further away from the pack house the closer we got to a scent that didn't belong to a member of the pack. It seemed as if it was able to see from a longer distance than an average wolf. Anyways we followed the scent to a cave at the base of the mountain, however when we went to search it there was nothing no trace of the scent any where it just...vanished."

It didn't vanish someone is concealing it so that way they wont be followed, "That would be all thanks Henry." He bowed and walked away. A few moments passed and there was a knock on my door, "Come in."

Conner walked in. "Alison, can I talk to you?"

"Yea what is it?" I asked staring out into the distance.

"I hope this doesn't make it look like I'm after power or anything, but i was wondering-"

"You want my beta position."

He paused before answering, "Um I was just wondering if you had a person in mind already."

I sighed and I walked over to my chair, "Look Conner, I know it hasn't been easy for you, especially with what happened with your brother, but you aren't ready."

He looked at me with an expression that sent a chill down my spine, which was odd.

"What do you mean? I'm ready as anyone else for this job. I am next in line to take the position as Beta, Jason hasn't found his mate, and he definitely doesn't have any children. So what's the problem?" At this point Conner's scent just got stronger emitting his power, and he is trying to show his dominance. He is already on his feet and being really agitated right now.

I stood up because I wasn't going to let him do as he pleases, "I understand what you feel right now, believe me i do. You are not ready to become a beta, you still have a lot to learn. So listen and you listen real good, don't EVER come into my office and start complaining over something that you are not ready for. You still don't understand the responsibilities that is required of a Beta and you are not ready for that."

"But you can't-"

"I'M NOT FINISHED!."

I felt his power being controlled, like he was cowering. "I AM TIRED OF ALL THIS INSUBORDINATION. EVERYONE SEEMS TO FORGET THAT I AM THE ALPHA AND YOU'RE POWER IS NOTHING COMPARED TO MINE. NOW IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE HOW POWERFUL I CAN BE GO AHEAD AND TEST ME, BUT I WILL NOT LET ANYONE ELSE COME AND DISRESPECT ME."

He merely looked down as I continued, "Now, you can either go help with patrol or do whatever it is you do." Conner gave a quick bow and walked out of my office.

I tossed everything off my desk in frustration. I just wanted some peace and quiet. I walked out of my office and headed to my room. I was finally in the comfort of my room and I decided that i deserve a nice hot bath.

I went to my restroom and tuned the water on. As the tub filled, I took off my clothes, so i was just left in my bra and underwear. I look at the mirror and i can see all the scars. For some reason, when I got these scars they didn't hurt as much as the one i got on my forearm.

I took off my bra and underwear and stepped into the tub. It was nice and relaxing. I really needed this. I laid there just enjoying the heat of the water relaxing my muscles. I close my eyes and i begin to remember my parents.

I washed my body and stepped out of the tub. I put on a long sleeve sweet shirt and my shorts i use for pajamas. I grabbed my journal and sat on my bed. I opened it to where the photo was. The photo of uncle Seth and I. I then remember the photo I showed my brothers. I went to grab it from my office and came back to my room.

We were such a happy family. I miss the way we use to be.

"Mom, dad if you can hear me, i need your help. I'm not sure i know what i am doing here anymore." I feel tears forming in my eyes. "You left us, left me too soon. Uncle Seth is gone and Derek, I feel so alone." The tears began to fall down my cheek. I laid on my bed holding the photos close to me.

"I need your help, mom. Please I need you here with me... mom...dad... please come back to me. Uncle Seth I have failed you just as I did mom and dad. I'm nothing but a failure to everyone. I can't do this alone, I need your help, I need you."

I don't know how long I was there crying, but it felt like an eternity. I woke up to the sound of voices coming from downstairs. There was music and laughter, so i headed downstairs and saw the color lights everywhere and music being blasted from speakers. There was a lot of people I didn't recognize.

I see members of my pack laughing, drinking and having fun. I walked over to them and they seem so shocked to see me there.

"Alpha, w-w-what are you doing here i thought you weren't here?

I crossed my arms and looked at them, "And that gave you the permission to throw a party without my consent?" They looked at each other and didn't say anything. I sighed and ran my fingers threw my hair.

"Once the party is over this entire house better be cleaned and spotless by tomorrow and if i find anything missing or something unusual happens, there will be hell tomorrow. This will be the last time that any of you throws a party without my consent, understood?"

The expressions completely changed and the all agreed.

I know these past couple of days have been rough so they do deserve a little bit of fun every now and then. I went back to my room and there was someone in there. There was a scent I knew all too well.

I entered my room and closed the door and sitting on my bed was none other than Matthew. And here I thought that I was finished with useless trash.

Looks like I won't be getting any peace and quite anytime soon.