Chapter 43

Jason's P.O.V

As Ren was setting up a place for shelter, I went to search the perimeter. Make sure no one was following us. We maybe be wolves, but we do need some rest. There was a storm coming and we didn't want to sleep in the open, since we are close to rogue territory. 

I stopped in my tracks because I felt this strange sensation. I wasn't alone anymore. I sensed a wolf near by not just any wolf an alpha. I went to see who was it, but didn't see anything. I felt a surge of energy coming from behind a tree and sniffed the air, there were two scents, meaning that there were two people. 

"Come out, where I can see you," I said. 

There was a long pause until one of them finally stepped from behind the tree. It was a young woman about the age of 19 or 20. She had long black hair and brown eyes. Thanks to my wolf vision i was able to see what she looked like. She was also wearing a blue dress, which was confusing at first, but hey women are their own species. 

She held something in her hand which seemed to look like a wand. Don't tell me, she's a witch. 

"I don't want to hurt you we simply lost our way," she said as the other person stepped from behind the tree. That was the power I felt, he is an Alpha. 

I looked back and forth between them trying figure out where did they come from. 

"What is your name?" I asked the girl.  She hesitated and then replied, "Ana, this is my companion Nathan, what's yours?" 

I replied, "Jason."

"Well Jason, how about giving us as to where we are?" She asked in a strange manner. 

I didn't respond right away, since I was still trying to figure them out, so I replied, "You are in the territory of the Forest Hunters Pack." She was looking at me, when Nathan spoke, "I have never heard of that pack.What country are we in?" 

I was puzzled, how did he not know who we are, "We are in the state on Minnesota, in the US." I  seemed a bit troubled by them. They didn't seem like they were from a different universe. "Wait, aren't we still in Axin?" 

"Axin? Never heard of that place," I retorted. They seemed confused to what I said. I looked around and decided that this wasn't the place to be speaking about this so I turned to them and explained, "Looks like you aren't from around here, so maybe we should go to a place where we can talk safely. Follow me." I knew that they weren't going to follow right away. So I turned back to look at them and said, "or do you prefer being eaten by rogues?" I heard them speak among themselves and they eventually decided to follow me. 

I stayed in my wolf form until we had reached to where Ren was. We walked for about a mile until we reached the cave where Ren was. I pulled back the branches with my teeth and allowed Ana and Nathan to go in first. I walked in after them and shifted back to my human form.  

"Jason, who is that with you?" Ren's voice echoed. 

I stepped in front of Ana and Nathan to see Ren hiding in the shadows. "Relax Ren they are simple visitors. This is Ana and Nathan, Ana and Nathan this is Ren."  I walked past the fire and over to where Ren was hiding. "Jason what the hell you bring strangers in here as if this is a fucking hotel."

I scoffed, "Relax Ren, they are harmless from what I can tell and besides Nathan is an alpha, i couldn't just let them be rogue food."

"Oh please, the chick seems perfectly fit for rogue food I mean come on she is dressed as if it's fucking Halloween. And don't get me start on pompous over there, he looks like he's prince charming coming to rescue his damsel in distress, " Ren retorted and I noticed that Ana was now sitting on a rock and Nathan on the floor next to her like a damn guard dog. 

I looked back at Ren and replied, "I'm taking them to the pack house first thing tomorrow, they seem like they could use a change of clothes and some food. For now we will stay here." I walked over to where Ana and Nathan were.

"Alright, I may not know much of where you come from, but i think you could use a good rest. Tomorrow morning I will take you to the pack so you can get a change of clothes and some food. Maybe then we can speak more of what exactly you are doing here." 

Ana replied, "Sounds great." I gave them some water so they won't get dehydrated. It was a long day so we all went to sleep, except Ren he decided to take watch just in case rogues decided to make a surprise appearance. 

I woke up and saw that everyone was still fast asleep, I went outside and saw Ren sitting on a rock. "Morning, were you out here all night?" I asked. "Yea, I couldn't get any sleep. It was quiet no sign of any rogues," he respond.

I went back inside and noticed that Ana was already awake. 

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" I asked her. She seemed a bit out of it like the life was getting sucked out of her. 

She replied, "I've been better, where's Ren?"

I didn't think she cared about anyone. She had this vibe that she is a bit to handle, but I said, "He's outside getting some air, we will start heading to the pack house in 10 minutes." I went to get Ren that way we can make a plan on what to do next.

"Hey Ren, we will be leaving soon we need to come up with a way to enter the rogue territory without us being spotted by them."

He stayed quiet and looked out into the forest. I didn't sense anything, so what could have him all riled up. 

"Ren?" 

He looked at me, "For now let's just get them to a safe place, even though we are the Forest Hunters Pack territory, there is no way to know what can happen." 

 I simply nodded and walked back inside i noticed that Ana and Nathan had an argument based on the look that Ana is giving. "Is everything okay in here?" I questioned.

"It's perfect," she said sarcastically. She seemed a bit too riled up for my taste. "Alright let's get going before patrol shows up."  Ana just nodded her head and walked out immediately. Remind me not to get on her bad side. 

I walked out behind her and Nathan soon followed. Ren stood there still looking out in the distance. 

As we were about to continue, I looked at Ren, "We will meet up in a couple of hours then we will decide what is our next move." Ren nodded, shifted to his wolf and took off. 

This was going to take a while, so I turned to Ana and Nathan, "The pack house is a long way from here by foot, so I suggest we shift to wolf form that way we will make it in just half the time."  

Ana looked like she was confused for a bit until she said, "Are you suspecting me to ride on your back?" 

I scoffed and said, "No, you can ride on Nathan, I just said it so that we won't waste anymore time."  She looked at  Nathan in disgust and didn't seem so sure of the idea. "Fine, as long as we get there quickly," she retorted, not to fond of the idea I see. 

So i shifted into my wolf as Nathan shifted into his. His wolf is grey and a hint of silver. His slightly larger than my wolf, but that was due to the fact that he was an alpha.  

"Ready?" I asked.

I saw that this was probably the first time she saw his wolf. I can tell. She seemed in awe. I laughed on the inside and told myself, they should just kiss already. 

Ana finally replied, "Yea." 

I trotted so that Nathan can get use to running with Ana on his back, than we ran through the forest having the air blow through our fur. Just hope that Alison won't get angry at me again.