Chapter 46

Jason's P.O.V

Before we took off I suggested to go by wolf form and we rode for about an hour and a half before we took a 10 min. break and shifted back to our human selves. Nathan was caring the bag with food and I carried the bag with blankets. "So exactly how far is this place?" Ana asked as she drank water.

"A day and a half give or take," I responded. She seemed so surprised because her eyes popped out, "A day and a half that far?" I chuckled in response. I guess she is not a traveling person. "Don't worry time will fly by in no time you'll see." 

The tn minute break was over and we continued on foot. Being in wolf form is amazing, but it's good to exercise. As we walked further and further night began to creep up, like a predator and its prey. 

"I suggest we rest for the night we can continue in the morning, " I said, as I placed the bag down on the ground. 

"Oh don't mind if I do," Ana replied as she sat on the first log she saw. I went to go collect firewood and Nathan was going to set up the perimeter, and Ana was going to set up the blankets.

As I began to collect wood Ren appeared. "Ren what are you doing here? I thought-" 

"I just came by to check on you. I would stay if i could, but i have some business to take care of." 

I pursed my lips together and decided not to reply to him. 

"How's Alison doing?" Ren asked. That sort of caught me off guard because of what happened between them. "Oh umm, she's okay, better for some reason. She seemed like her old self when she spoke with Ana. I haven't seen her like that in a long time." 

Ren seemed sad. HE really does love Alison, if he didn't then he wouldn't be doing what he's doing. "Anyways I came to see if there is anything I can do?" Ren asked.

I had forgotten that Ren wasn't with us. So I explained everything to him and what we we doing out here.  "Well you may have to find a different path because the land is roaming with rogues," Ren warned. 

Ugh just great. "But I may know a way," he suggested. 

Once we gathered the firewood we walked back to the camp. "Hey you guys Ren and I were talking and we found out a way to get to the falls unseen." Ana and Nathan had jumped apart and in my mind I thought, I just ruined a moment. Gosh can't I do anything right.

 Nathan  looked a little flushed which was funny because I haven't seen a guy flush like that because of a girl in a long time. "Um, what way?" he stuttered. 

"There is a tunnel that can lead us to an area near the falls. The entrance is not far from where we are now," I replied. Nathan and Ana listened. Ana soon said, "Is there anything that we are trying to hide from?" Well if you consider the fact that we are in a territory that maybe neutral, but is full of rogues. 

"Not unless you want to fight an army of rogues," I retorted. 

"Um, no I'm good," Ana replied. Once I had finished explaining, we finished setting up camp. I placed the firewood on the ground, Ren helped light the fire. Ana and Nathan were both very quiet. I felt really bad breaking up their moment.

 The fire was built and Ren decided to head on back, but before he left he spoke to Nathan and Ana, "I hope you are able to get back safe and hope to see you again." Ren had disappeared into the darkness of the forest.

We sat on the logs and I grabbed the bag full of food. "Who's hungry?" Ana raised her hand automatically. It made me chuckle on the inside. I took out the sandwiches and gave one to Nathan, two to Ana, and one for myself. Once we were done eating, Nathan chose to take first watch. I didn't argue with him so I went lay down. 

As I began to doze off I heard the faint voices of Ana and Nathan arguing. I was pretty exhausted so I couldn't really hear what they were speaking about.

"Jason get up. we need to move, " I woke up to Ana shaking me awake and I got up. "What is it?" I asked. "Rogues heading this way, lots of them," Ana said as she went to wake up Nathan too. 

I sniffed the air and confirmed that she was right. I quickly got up and packed. Nathan got up and as Ana began to pack everything else. 

"The entrance is about 2 miles away give or take. We can get there faster in our wolf forms," I hurriedly explained. 

"Sounds good," Ana replied. Nathan just simply nodded, not saying anything. We shifted into wolf forms. I didn't realize that Ana was walking towards me and asked, "Mind if I catch a ride?" 

"Um sure, but we have to hurry." I felt Nathan's eyes on me then back at Ana something must have happened. I lowered myself so that Ana can get on. When she climber on we took off. I tried to make sure hat we weren't followed. I didn't smell any scent. 

As we got closer to the location, I felt her anger she was upset the reason I know is because the grip on my fur tightened. It didn't hurt. 

I heard a growl coming from Nathan. 

I looked ahead and recognized the tree where the entrance was located. I began to slow down as we got closer to the tree. The tree was gigantic, to began to twist the higher you look up. 

The surrounding trees covered the base of the tree really well so it gave us the cover we need.  As we got to the base of it I let Ana off and shifted back to my human form. 

"Over here," I directed. 

I walked passed a big bush which was covering the actual entrance to the tunnel. I moved a couple of branches out of the way and pushed in a piece of the trunk. 

The opening wasn't that big enough for us to walk in, so we had to crouch down a bit. 

Ana entered first, followed by Nathan. I grabbed a branch, which is used for a torch and went inside. I pushed back the wood that blocked the entrance and we were swallowed up by darkness.