Chapter 48

Alison's P.O.V

Once I gave the order Ana and I headed towards the opening of the cave. Before we were able to enter we were about it get attacked by 10  rogues, five on each side.

Ana looked at me and she motioned to the left, and so i motioned to the right. That was the signaling saying, i go this way and you go that way.

I charged at the wolves and they came at me one at a time. Since they were in their wolf forms they were bigger. The wolf snapped its jaws at me and i slid underneath it. I grabbed the tail and swung him through the falls.
The other wolves snarled and attacked.

I normally don'tgo for the kill, but in this case i will make an exception. I grabbed a wolf by the neck and tossed it to the wall. Since i was in my himan form i was more agile. I jumped over one and landed on its back.

I grabbed the fur on the back of the neck to make him turn towards the edge.

As ee got closer the last two wolves charged. I jumped off the back of the wolf and landed in between the two wolves. I ducked, so that they rammed into each other. They both winced.

I grabbed a leg of one of the wolves and broke it. That would at least by me some time.

The last wolf tackled me to the ground and was snapping its jaws. I had my hand on its neck and was right on the vein. I managed to shift my hand into a claws and i stabbed him causing him to calapse on the ground, rapidly bleeding out.

I walked over to the wolf with the broken leg, now in human form.

"You will never win," he said, as I grabbed his neck and snapped it.

I watched his body go limp and lifeless. I stood up and and saw that Ana was watching me.

"So where is it?" I asked.

"Um somewhere in here."

That didn't sound so confident. "So what you're is you have no clue as to where it is hidden?" I retorted. We walked side by side inside the cave looking for something that I have never seen before.

"Pretty much," she replied.

I wasn't going to say anything else because it was enough idiocy for one day.

It was silent for a while as we were looking for something that seems abnormal.

"Does anyone else know about your scars?" Ana blurted.

It caught me off guard a bit, but i said in reply, "4 people knew about my scars, two of which are dead."

Ana surprised me with what she said next, "Well Im honored to be the fifth. Did you know the other two well?"

Memories of my uncle and cousin came rushing back.

"Yea very well. They took me in when I had no place to go." I answered.

"Close friends of yours?"

"You can say that. My uncle was closer to me than my other sibilings, so was my cousin."

"Im sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to lose family," she replied. I can hear the sincerity in her voice.

We had finally reached the end of the cave and we had found nothing.  We began to search around, hoping to find whatever it is that we are looking for. 

"I still can't believe that you have no idea where this thing is hidden," I commented.

"It's not my fault the stupid stone interfers with my witch sight," Ana retorted.

"Maybe you should have mentioned that before we got here, and sending us on a witch hunt."

Ana was looking at the wall grabbing on to something. As she began to pull she replied," Ha ha very funny."

She was struggling to pull thw rock out of the wall, until she finallypulled it out. "Why did you do that for?" I questioned. She was still facing the wall.

She turned to face me, "The surface was smooth everywhere, except this spot with the bulging rock. It was annoying me. See." She lifted the rock and showed me the bottom.

I looked at the rock and I face palmed. Of all the the stupidity I have seen in my life nothing compares to this moment. "Ana look at the stupid rock," I told her.

She turned over the rock and saw the ruby that was ledged to the rock.

"Haha I found it," she replied.

I crossed my arms and shook my head. She is really special. Not the good special.

Alison, we need help now! Jason yelled through the mindlink.

"We need to go now!" I exclaimed. We didn't waste time, as we ran back to where Jason and Nathan were. 

They were being overwhelmed with the remaining rogues. Ana and I split and attacked rhe rogues surrounding Jason and Nathan.

Thanks for the rescue,Jason said as we fought.

Don't mention it, besides you may not be my beta anymore, but you are still part of my pack, I answered.

Wolves came from left and right.

I dodged most of their attacks, but they were beginning to attack at the same time.

As i was busy blocking attacks a wolf managed to scratch my back. I didn't yell in pain, but I sure as hell felt it.

I grabbed the wolf who scratched me and I tossed him to other wolves like bowling pins.  They kept pushing me further back until I hit something or should I say someone.

I felt pain go across my back as I hit something. I turned and saw Ana right behind me.

"Hey there, you feeling alright?" Ana asked.

"I was, until rogues began to attack me," I said as we were being surrounded by more rogues.

"You willing to try a link spell?"

"What the hell is a link spell?" I questioned. 

Ana chuckled, "It will basically link us together, we share energy and it will make us quicker and stronger, but it does leave a bit of a hangover."

Before i agreed to anything  i asked the most basic question, "how long will it last?"

"Til one of us gives out," she replied.

"That won't take long considering im linked to you," I scoffed.

Ana laughed. "Trying to say you can't win with a little handicap thought you were stronger than that, alpha."

"Oh its not me im worried about  considering that i have a witch as a partner, its the enemy that has to worry, " I replied. 

"I'll toast to that. So you down?"

"Bring it on."