Chapter 42

Alison's P.O.V

"What the hell do you want now?"

I was beginning to get real annoyed by all of this. 

"I needed to see you, and i wanted to talk," he said. I scoffed, "The last time we were alone like this you rejected me as your mate, and you made it perfectly clear that you didn't want me."

He stayed silent. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I could feel the tension growing and I knew this was going to get even more tense. 

"Look it's been a long day and I am really exhausted, so get out because i am really not in the mood." He didn't seem to make any effort to move or leave. 

"No, we need to talk now, we need to settle this," he stood up and walked towards me. "I thought we had, I am not going back to the pack. I'm not the same person I once was. I'm not the girl who would let the entire pack run all over her, and I am definitely not  the girl who would easily forgive those who have done wrong."

He didn't change his expression. He seemed as if he didn't listen to me, which is my point exactly. "Aiya, please I didn't mean to hurt-"

"I'm going to stop you right there. I hate when someone says 'I didn't  mean to hurt you'.  I don't want to hear that petty adolescent bullshit. Because that is how you are acting right now. You did mean to hurt me, you didn't want me as a mate, you hated me just as much as much as I hated myself for putting myself through that for so long."

His eyes began to fill with pity something that I may have need 12 years ago, but not now. "Mates are suppose to work for each others affection to make the bond stronger, but you cut that bond 6 years ago."

Matt didn't seem interested in hearing that. He hears only what he wants to, "Aiya please don't do this. I have been such a wreck since you left. I am not complete without my mate beside me. My pack needs its Luna."

"And my pack needs it's alpha, and that is who I am," I exclaimed. 

No way in hell was i going to let him sweet talk his way in. "Please. let me show you that I can change."

"You made your decision 6 years ago, Matthew, It's too late to turn back now." I opened the door, so that he can leave and showing that this conversation is over. 

He was walking out, but before he left he turned around and told me, "I will wine you back Aiya, no matter how long it takes." He left. I close the door and leaned against the door. After all this time Matthew still doesn't get it. 

My heart no longer belonged to him, but to someone else. I walked over to my balcony and looked up at the night sky. I was able to hear the loud music coming from downstairs. I Let my head fall and just leaned against the rails. 

"Why must the heavens slap me down?" I sighed. 

I can feel the presence of someone there next to me. I got a chill down my spine,  but it was a good feeling, as if someone was watching over me. I began to hum a song that was perfect for right now it was called Someone's Watching Over Me by Hilary Duff. 

I looked out into the forest and I can feel my wolf wanting to come out. I jumped off the balcony and ran into the forest. As soon as I was deep enough I shifted to my wolf and man it felt amazing. The wind flowing through my fur and the earth at the bottom of my paws. I made it to the near by river and decided to relax there on the rocks. I laid there listening to the river and the crickets it was really calming.

This is where I truly felt like I belonged. Suddenly I heard a snap of a branch. My senses were on high alert. From across the river I can see eyes on me. I began to growl. Luckily the other side of the river was neutral territory. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" No one said anything. 

"Don't be rude now Alison," a voice echoed. I growled once more, not being able to see who was talking. Whoever it was, they were hiding in the shadows. 

"Show yourself, " I barked.

He laughed and said, "All in due time, besides you have much more important things to worry about." and with that the wolves disappeared and so did the person. I followed their scent until it lead to a dead end. 

I searched for a while until I decided to go pack to the pack house. The party seemed to be over and everyone was sleeping I entered through my balcony and noticed that someone was here. 

There was an intruder here. I smelled a distant scent and followed it to my office and there was a box on my desk. I walked over, inspected the box before opening it. Inside was a photo of Ren and I on our last vacation. And underneath as a folded paper. 

It read: Never judge a book by it's cover. Don't forget, you aren't the only one withholding secrets.

My heart began to beat faster. What the hell does all this mean? What does Ren have to do with this?