Part 13

Arnav was in his room, thinking about what happened between him and khushi today.One thing he was sure of now was that Khushi also had feelings for him: she could deny all that she wanted, but today's kiss and her response proved what she didn't confess.
Thinking about the kiss make him feel happy and now he is sure that what he did was the right thing.Right then Anjali entered his room and looking at Arnav lost in his thought she walked to him and began to caress his hair lovingly. Arnav comes out from his trance and asked Anjali to sit.
Arnav:" Di! aap yaha I thought that now as jija Ji is here, you'll be with him."Anjali: "He is taking rest chotte. Tomorrow will be a busy day, it's my brother's engagement" Arnav knew where the conversation is going .
Arnav: "that's good news Di. why are you sounding sad?"Anjali:" Because I wanted to both my brother's settled. Chotte! everything was going right, Nani has also excepted Lavanya than why you deny to marry..??"

Arnav(sighed):" Di! it was a mutual decision and I know Nani had accepted Lavanya but you both did it for me. But Di, I was not happy it, it was like a compromise. Earlier I was ready for this compromise but now I know what is right.

Therefore I and Lavanya decided to stop it right here before one of us can get hurt badly."Anjali not knowing what to say just nodded and left from there. After Anjali left Arnav thought of the day when Lavanya and Arnav decided to break-up.
*******flashback*******

La: "ASR!"

Arnav: "Lavanya! we need to talk."La: "I know..."Arnav: "Lavanya I know may be what I am going to say will hurt you a lot... but I think it's for best...."Arnav: "Lavanya I think we should we.... we should break-up. I can't marry you."Finally, he said it, he slowly looked towards Lavanya for any reaction but surprisingly he found her smiling sadly.La:" I knew ASR you will say it..... after all the "ASR" who says that he don't believe in love had finally fallen in love."Arnav looked at her shocked, but Lavanya chuckled and said " I am not a fool. I can see changes in you, but my luck it's not for me."Arnav: "Lavanya! i..."La: "Don't ASR! you don't have to be sorry, you just fell in love and it's not a crime. I knew she is best for you."Arnav: "she?? " La: "What? don't tell me it's not khushi."

Arnav gaped at her with his open mouth. Lavanya again chuckled and said; "ASR I can see when you look at khushi and your concerns said it. ASR! once khushi only told we can't snatch love it can only gain by true love"

"It's just our fate that I fell for you and you with khushi, and I know that she also loves you. Never loose her ASR, she is a gem of a person and I want to see my friends happy."Overwhelmed by Lavanya Arnav just hugged and thanked her for understanding, Lavanya wished him best of luck to him and left.

*********flashback ends**************

Arnav sighed and felt proud to have a friend like Lavanya who understood his heart which even his di failed to notice and thought about tomorrow. He had planned to confess his feelings to khushi. When she'll come to know about that he and Lavanya are no more together.........

Chapter-23

Payash engagementRaizada Mansion was full of hustle bustle, guests are arriving Nani and Mamaji were busy in receiving guests, Anjali was engrossed in last minute arrangement with Lavanya helping her.Akash was so nervous that Arnav was looking at him amused and finally chuckled.Arnav: "Akash! you are getting nervous like you are going to a war not getting engaged."Akash: "Bhai! you are scaring me more."Arnav(chuckled): "chill Akash! everything will be alright."Akash was surprised with Arnav's behaviour but let it go thinking about himself and Payal that time.Akash: "Bhai! am I looking good? Payal will like it na??"Arnav:" yeah! like she's gonna tell. you both are perfect together you know!!" Akash blushed at his comment making Arnav more amused at his brother.Arnav was busy with Akash but his heart was waiting for Khushi to arrive. He was himself little nervous as he had finally decided that today he'll confess his love to Khushi. His eyes again stopped at the entrance that may be she had arrived but no luck, when he was going to turnback his heartbeat started increasing, there he knew she's nearby. He again looked towards the main door and here enters Gupta's but khushi was nowhere. The elders greeted each other and Payal and Akash took blessings from elders but Arnav was looking for khushi. Before he can think more khushi enters with a smile with and in her hand, there were some gifts in them, khushi didn't see him she started greeting everyone but Arnav was lost the second he laid his eyes on her.

She was dressed in beautiful dark pink lehanga with silver work on its border and heavy embroidered blouse. She had draped her dupatta that it covered her half waist, she was looking no less than an angel.

Right then she lifted her hands to hand over the thaal to her buaji and had given a glimpse of her belly button to Arnav who gulped hard to control his desire to touch her and to feel her.He averted his gaze to her face again but regretted the idea her eyes was shining with the light make up she done to her eyes to give it a smoky look with dark pink and greying color, and her lips painted with pink lip gloss.Arnav closed his eyes, least he does something stupid but he got the images about yesterday kiss, how he had devoured those lips a day ago & he opens his eyes getting some control.

Khushi was busy with everyone when she felt a strong gaze on herself her heartbeat was indicating her that whose gaze is it, but she controlled it when she looked around the hall her eyes met his and she froze. Arnav was looking at her such intensity that it could burn her, she can see something different in his eyes like she had seen on Diwali, but this time much stronger. And then she remembered his words which he had told her yesterday, and scared of it, she averted her eyes from him. She can see his eyes showing desires for her and she is scared of her own reaction because she know thatshe can easily melt in Arnav's proximity like yesterday, but it's not right- she has no right on him he'll get engaged to Lavanya in a while and this thought hurt her a lot.But both Arnav and khushi failed to notice in their trance that there is not only Arnav but someone else was also busy in ogling khushi, the difference is that his gaze was full of lust and want, whereas Arnav's gaze was full of love and desire. Yeah! that person was none other than Shyam who was descending the stairs when he looked at Khushi and from then he's ogling her with lust. Anjali spots him and asks him to join them, he wished Gupta's who reluctantly replied. Arnav also joins them and greeted Guptas. Avoiding the look Arnav was giving her, Khushi asked Anjali about Lavanya, to which Anjali replied she is also here somewhere and saying this Anjali took khushi aside.

To be continued............