Part 41

Dr: "Ok" he can see the play of emotions on Arnav's face, he thought to give him support but not having courage let it go. "Don't worry. You have saved her on time."

Arnav speaks ignoring his words, according to him he have failed his Khushi "Can i see her?"
Doctor: You can. but she's still unconcious and I would like to discuss something with you more before you meet her.
Arnav: Sure.
Doctor: Though we have treated her wounds but we can't say anything till she became concious.

Arnav looks at him feeling scared "What do you mean?"
Dr: "Look Mr. Raizada, I'll be completely honest with you. There was drugs found in her system, she was highly drugged. The man not only tried to rape her but he has beaten her physically also. It looks like she was struggling but he didn't care in his madness." Arnav gulps.

"Her head is injured and that also not only once but he treated her brutally.
It was "aggravated rape attempt". So I want you to be prepared when she wakes up. She's safe for now but we're not sure about her state of mind when she wakes up.

"Come to the point doctor." Arnav speaks feeling scared for Khushi and how she have to bear more.
Dr: Mr. Raizada, I don't mean to scare you but we can only tell you about her physical condition not about mental. We don't have any idea how she'll react once she gets concious, therefore I want you to be prepared to face her and handle her accordingly." he said and Arnav nodded. "Due to injuries in her head she can suffer from memory loss or may be eye problem, disorientation and most probably "critical depression". She can be be completely indifferent to her surroundings, people and aloof from all.

Dr: We have no idea how intense her feelings can be and if she felt the indifference from people around her which more likely happens with rape
victims, so it can be more worse.

Arnav(frightened): Worse? How?
Dr: Mr. Raizada, as I said she can suffer from depression. So in the case of depression, the trauma sometimes can be too much to bear and the patient chooses the easiest way to get rid of it, which is (taking a deep breadth) "SUICIDE".

"No. Never." Arnav shouted in shock. "Nothing will happen like that."

"I'll not let anything happen to her. Not anymore".

Dr: I wish for same Mr.Raizada. I know its must be painfull for you but its my duty to inform you beforehand.

Arnav: I got it.
Dr: Do you want me to inform your family?
Arnav: No. No one and I mean it no one should know about this.

D: But Mr. Raizada, your wife needs support.
Arnav: "She have me with her." Doctor nodded but Arnav suddenly continued. "No one knows about our relation from our families, so I would like if you'll also stay quiet."

Dr: Ok Mr. Raizada, but I want to say something if you don't mind.

"Sometimes love and care is the best medicines and from what I have seen you love her a lot. She's lucky to have a husband like you who's standing beside her. She needs love, care and support more than any medicines
I hope you understand what I mean and I wish she recovers soon." saying this doctor left from here leaving Arnav standing there alone.

Arnav stood there motionless, images of Khushi sprawled on the floor with torn clothes and injuries danced before his eyes.
Shyam has beaten her, tried to shred her dignity and respect. Shyam had almost raped Khushi like an ****ing crazy animal. He remembers Khushi's screams and helpless pleas to that ****. Her hope that he'll save her, he groaned and punched his fist on the wall beside him. Rage and fury consuming his every nerve.
'He have failed her.' he thought keeping his head on his fist on wall.

While she was getting beaten and molested. He heard everything but he was not able to do anything. "I don't deserve her. I failed to take care of her, if I haven't left her alone, she
would have been safe and smiling"

To be continued.......