Part 44

Payal: What happened Arnav ji? Why have you called me here?
Arnav: "Payal, first Relax than listen to me."
Payal nodded and Arnav started "It's about Khushi."
Payal: What happened to her? She was with you right? Where is she?

"Calm down Payal and listen to me carefully." Then Arnav explained her everything from the start how he noticed Khushi's absence, how while searching for her he got phone call from her. Shyam was assaulting her. How he reached there at last moment otherwise..... And now the present condition of Khushi.

Payal gasped listening to everything with horror and tears were flowing from her eyes. Arnav tried to calm Payal but only he knew how difficult it was for him to tell her everything. It was like he was living those horrible moments again.

"Where is Khushi?" Payal asked meekly and he shows her the private ward. "Khushi will need you in this time, therefore I called you." Payal nodded and silence prevailed again which was broken by Arnav's phone. Arnav signals Payal and moves away from there to attend it, he have to handle Anjali also.

Payal was crying silently thinking about Khushi and how much she must be suffering when she heard shouting from Khushi's ward. She ran inside to see Khushi is not letting anyone come near her and constantly shouting for Arnav.

"Khushi!" she said moving forward but Khushi screamed "No! Don't come near me. Go Away." she started shouting "Where is Arnav ji? Arnav ji! Arnav ji!" She was shouting when Payal tries to touch her but she pushed her. Thankfully, Payal managed to balance herself. She looked at Khushi shocked. She was not even recognizing Payal. Khushi again started screaming for Arnav and at the same time Arnav comes running inside as nurse has informed him.

Arnav comes near Khushi and she hugs him tightly. "What happened Khushi?" he said caressing her back.

"He'll come and take me away again, Tell them to don't come near me, please" she said pointing towards staff and Payal.

Payal tried through tears again "Khushi, I...." but Khushi again retreated. "No! Just stay away." She turns towards Arnav who was himself shocked. "Tell them to go away Arnav ji, Please and you just stay with me otherwise he'll come again." Saying this she hugged him and Arnav hugged her back trying hard to calm her.

"All of you, OUT!" Arnav orders to the staff present in room and than he signed Payal for same who somehow managed to nod.
After everyone left Arnav holds Khushi carefully, whispering sweet nothings to her. After Khushi stopped crying and looked at him, he asked.
"What happened Khushi? Why you shouted at Payal?" Khushi looked at him confused. "Jiji?" she asked confusingly.

"Yes! She was here to meet you." Arnav explains.
"I don't know." she answers, feeling lost. "But Arnav ji I don't want to meet anyone, Just you stay with me." She speaks,holding him tightly.

"He will come again. Don't leave me alone please." she was mumbling, looking so much vulnerability like little kid who was scared to stay away from her parents. His insides were crying in pain to see the love of his life in so much pain.

"I promise I'll be here. Now sleep for sometime, you need rest." Khushi nodded and slept on his chest.
When he was sure she is slept he carefully made her sleep on bed. He needs to talk with doctor and also Payal.

Both Arnav and Payal was sitting with doctor asking about Khushi's behavior which they have seen earlier.

"How is it possible that Khushi didn't even recognize Payal? She is her sister." Arnav asked the question for Payal who nodded.