Chapter 2. Full On Masthi

Time fled soon and I didn't even realize it was nine thirty already. I had my dinner brought to my room. If it was for me I would have just casually skipped it but Noora was way too aware of my lack of appetite and she's so adamant that I eat at least when she is around. I had her promise that she would not tell this to my parents so hopefully I would not have to suffer this torture of thrusting food inside my mouth when she is not around. I took a break to meet with my family and I informed them the reason behind me being in my room though they already knew and I assured them that I would get back on track within two days tops. After my little family session Noora slept after finishing her work for the day and so did I but I decided to complete my part so that tomorrow we could complete the combined work and the rest she can do it on her own. We wouldn't have had to do through this had we not cramped the certification course into our final year. But with that in the bag, we should definitely be able to get into some really good company. It will be worth it, Insha Allah! (If Allah wills).  I kept on working until I got disturbed by the doorbell as I saw that the clock read 3AM. I grabbed a torch in case I require self defense and rushed down to get the door as I didn't want anyone to wake up. I knew very well that a burglar wouldn't ring a bell at three so it must be someone from our family probably Zara Di. I looked through the peep hole but couldn't see anything so I unlatched the door and carefully opened it before the person could ring the bell one more time. The first thing I saw was a hand on the doorbell and all thanks to my quick reflexes I quickly swatted away that hand to which I heard an "ouch". "Sameera?" someone asked and I soon recognised it to be Sulekha Phuphi. Before I could even reply she pulled me into a bear hug and I could feel that her cloths and body was totally cold so I pulled away and said "Phuphi you are freezing let's get you inside". We got inside followed by few people I couldn't even turn back to look at since I was still engulfed in a massive side hug by Phuphi. "ahem ahem koyi Phupho ko bhi tho dhekho (give me some attention too)" I heard Ashraf Phupho's voice and I soon rushed to him "assalamu alaikum (greetings) Phupho " I greeted him as I hugged him. "walaikum assalam (greetings) beta" he greeted me back "what are you doing up so late? And I thought Hameed was going to open the door for us but phone uttayi nahi tho bell bajane hi pada(didnt answer the phone so had to ring the bell)" Phuphi explained. "I was up with some work Phuphi. Meri friend bhi tho yahi hain(my friend is also here). She can only go back after our work gets complete. Arre you guys go and sleep, must be tired right? Want me to make some tea or anything? I offered. " No beta" she declined " I'm going , see you in the morning and you two go to your rooms anyways you guys don't meet until Zara comes right" she told the people behind me and I very well knew they were Thamanna and that monkey. And so we went back to our rooms and on the way I noticed  Amaan rubbing the back of his palm rigidly and murmuring something to himself, stupid!

It was almost 5:30 AM when I finished my work so I performed fajar namaz and decided to get some rest. My eyes were dripping as I set my alarm and my head hit the pillow.

"Wake up beta Zara is here the rest of them are waiting for you" I heard Shabnam Chachi say as the cruel rays of the sun were burning my eyes. Wait what.... Zara Di is here? "Zara di came ? when ? why didn't you call me? Oh my GOD... what time is it? wait I'll be down in five, Chachi tell her not to go. I want to name her kid." I shouted as I ran into the bathroom and Chachi  started laughing then it dawned upon me... she is here to stay and she is just four months into pregnancy. If I can't handle lack of sleep I wonder how I'm gonna be on a hangover or drunk. Now I better not be late. They are gonna kill me. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair and changed my clothes and I ran down the steps and almost flew at the last three steps and jumped onto someone. I groaned as I rubbed my head furiously in an attempt to subside the pain. "Now I know you missed me Choti but you don't have to jump on me like that" I heard Samar bhayya's voice and I looked up to see him grinning at my clumsiness like always. "Bhayya" I exclaimed as I hugged him and he just laughed and hugged me back " where is Akhila Bhabhi?" I asked to which he pointed at the person standing right next to him. Oh yeah, she was here the whole time...guess I need little more sleep. Heck I need more sleep. I hugged her before entering our common meeting place, our playroom along with Samar Bhayya. I missed him a lot. He and Bhabhi lives in California since Bhayya is representing his company for a few years and therefore  Bhabhi successfully secured a job there so that they can be together. I saw Noora among the elders as they were talking about something and she gave me a thumbs up signalling that she is comfortable. "looks like the princess was too busy dreaming to sleep on time. Hurry up sleepy head, we don't have all day"I heard  'Amaan the almighty' shout at me  but I didn't even care to look up to his stupid face and spoil my already ruined morning. " Bhayya you already know she slept late because of work so stop pissing her off 'cause we don't  wanna witness a fight here. Its time to celebrate" Thamanna cheered as she winked at me. Way to go girl!  she's always got my back. And we all squealed, howled and hugged each other.