Chapter 46. Not this early

So since it's quarantine for all. I figured you might wanna read something.... well please do let me know what you think.. I hope everyone's safe and happy 😊.
If I get more response, I promise an update real soon.

"Soo..?"  Dadi ji's voice gained my attention as I was about to finish my chappathi. Turned out that it was a question and apparently it was for me and Amaan as my whole family sitting around the dining table have fixed their eyes towards us. " huh? Ji Dadi ji aap kuch pooch rahithi?" I asked. " nahi bhai... main bas... you know I was asking how things are.." she explained. Oh.... okay so that's what this is about. Why Dadi? Why? Couldn't ask this when it was just us ? Why in front of the entire family who now seems to have lost interest in the delicious butter chicken and chappathi as all their attention is towards our relationship. I could feel my cheeks heating under all these gazes. "Hoi hoi sharma kyun rahi ho?" Chachi decided to make things more awkward and everyone snickered including my so called partner sitting right beside me enjoying his chicken. " Usse chodo ammi, uske pathi se pucho" my oh-so-loving mother added and as if on cue the chicken leg Amaan was enjoying slipped right out of his hand onto to the table earning more snickers from everyone. This time I too enjoyed. Ha thank you Allah! " um.. yeah... yeah.. everything's going..um yeah everything's going good" he stuttered. He continued "in fact I was about to talk to you about stuffs ... maybe after dinner". What does he want to talk about us? What is happening? " well beta, I don't see any reason why you should not talk about it now" Dada ji said. Amaan spared me a glance before announcing " well the thing is...the entire trip was on short notice so I left office with not much preparation. After what happened I don't trust anyone with even the simplest of my duties and moreover I do have few important works that really do need my intervention and presence. So I was planning on leaving at the earliest. Hope you guys don't mind" woah ... that came out of nowhere. I mean yeah it was obvious he had left his work and would have to go back but this soon. But maybe he could've mentioned about this before making the announcement or atleast give me a clue or is it an unreasonable expectation? I don't understand but I really don't feel good about that. "We'll things are fine over here so I don't see any problem with you leaving. Work is important especially when you have so much responsibility" Dada ji said. " I agree so how about Amaan and Sameera, you guys leave now.. and I tho is not leaving any time sooner arre meri pyari Ayat ke jo dhekni hai " Sulekha Mami confirmed. "What? But I didnt want to leave this early" I blurted out without thinking much. "But Samch na beta Amaan has work" Afra Chachi reasoned. " Then let him go. I wanted to stay for sometime here" I retorted and as soon as I saw everyone's expression I realised the blunder I just did. Stupid stupid Sameera!! Now they'll think I'm a spoiled brat or worst that Amaan and I are fighting. Shite! " wo..i mean... wo last time bhi sab kuch... I just wanted to stay with everyone" I explained ready for scoldings at least from my mom. "Usme kya hai ? If you don't wanna leave now then don't.. let Amaan attend to his needs and we'll go together or something. Arre we'll sort it out" Ashraf mama said and I'm quite sure I'm smiling like a lunatic. " now stop displaying your teeth" Ammi said making my smile flatter and others laugh. "That is actually a good idea. Sameera leaving was so sudden last time. It would really great if she stays here" Ammi continued and heart melted hearing that from her and seeing that smile on her face. It brought one on mine which soon flattered as I turned towards my "husband" who does not seem to be that happy. Oh well!