Chapter 29. WHY SUPRISE VISIT SUCKS

" I thought you Guys said you were coming after two weeks!" Amaan exasperated as we both stood shell shocked in front of Sulekha mami, mama and Thamanna who were still carrying their bags as they stood in the hall way. When the doorbell rang, I didn't even have the slightest doubt that it might be them so it took me by shock when Sulekha mami cheered and engulfed me in a bear hug as soon as I opened the door.
I soon realised they were still standing and quickly moved to the kitchen, asking them to get seated, to get something for them leaving a grumpy Amaan along with them. " Kyun hamara ana acha nahi laga? Looks like someone was having great plans to spend time with his wife" I heard Sulekha mami teasing Amaan and a disappointed sigh escaped my lips on its own and I don't really know why. Was It because I wanted to spend some time with him?
" chupp Kar pagal... esa... esa kuch bhi"
" thoh Phir kaisa hai didi?" Anna's voice came from behind me. Oops did I say that loud?!  I couldn't comprehend her expression and what she said and since I was still startled all that left my lips was a "huh?". " um... I mean.... how's everything? New place ... new life.. and bhaiyya? " she said with a really big fake smile which in some way was accusing me of something but I decided to ignore it and put up a convincing smile. " Sab kuch teekh hai and  I'm loving it" I replied in an overjoyed tone keeping my face away from her, preparing chai. " acha agar Sab kuch teekh hai... then why are your bags and stuffs in my room?" She asked accusingly. Dang it. I slowly turned around to face her trying to cook up a story to convince her. " woh.... Amaan  ke kamre mein woh... haan There was not enough space right" I said laughing at the end satisfied with what I have come up . But this little girl here was certainly not happy. She was giving me a ' seriously?!' look. Did I say something wrong?? Probably seeing my confused look Thamanna said " Abu and Ammi had a new  extra cupboard installed in bhaiyyas room just for you while we were back in India". I stood there in amazement. They did that for me? That's so sweet. Wait what am I gonna say now??
"See... you did not even know that! Have you been in his room yet??! I don't know what's going on!! Are you guys stills with your stupid ego?? So you are never going to be a couple? Are you guys gonna divorce?! Oh my God!!!" Anna started hyperventilating.. and it took me a whole one minute to get her to stop so that she could listen to me. But now what? What am I going to say?  " Anna wo...." i started but I was thankfully interfered by Sulekha mami  as she came into the kitchen. " Sameera I've brought some stuffs for you, zara meri Kamre mein aana " she said to which I politely nodded and mouthed a 'later' to Thamanna. I don't know what possible rational explanation I'm going to give these people when I myself don't know. Amaan ab tum hi bathao....