Chapter 31. I DONT HATE YOU!

" bas betta bakki mein kar loongi " Sulekha mami said for what I think is the sixth time. I just chose to ignore her as I continued picking up the dishes and used plates from the dining table. I just hope everyone liked the dinner I set up since it's been a while since I cooked. " acha.... kitchen looked so unused. You guys didn't cook this whole month or what?" Mami asked out of the blue and out of shock I almost tumbled down with the dishes but luckily Anna caught hold of a few before it could fall down. " Kya yaar ammi.... they might have been on dates... who cooks when they can have yummy food in a fancy restaurant with candles and roses and-"
" tu kuch zyadha movies nehi dekthi?" Amaan interrupted before Anna could continue bickering. Anna just winked at me and muttered a ' you are welcome' to me. " haan haan. Couldn't you come up with something else though?" I whispered and before she could say something she got interrupted by her mom. " haiy haiy.... isliye Amaan ko hamara ana acha nahi laga. Don't worry you can go on as many dates as you want. I'm a cool saas you know " Sulekha mami said flipping her imaginary sunglasses in the air and wearing it Rajnikanth style. I was too taken aback by that to react. I looked at Anna, Mama and then Amaan who mirrored my expression. Mama was the first one to break the silence and what exactly did he do? He laughed! He started laughing so much that tears started coming from his eyes. He started mimicking what she just did and laughed even more.
" co...cool ha ha... cool saas" he said between his laughters and watching him laugh, we couldn't control any further and laughed along with him but little did we know that someone was getting pissed. We watched as a cushion pillow flew right into mamas face and he looked at his wife and realised he need to control himself. He kept on saying " acha sorry maaf karo" and few seconds later they were hugging! I watched them as they were both happy in each other's arms, both laughing at what just happened. And subconsciously my head turned towards Amaan who was smiling at them. " now you two don't start your PDA as well and make me feel like the odd one" Anna said looking between her parents and us to which Amaan rolled his eyes. I ignored it and walked into the kitchen to clean the mess while Mama and mami were in their own world.

I walked into Amaan's room to find him standing in the balcony intensely staring into the distance and I walked towards him. " hey" I said as I stood beside him. " hey" he replied as he turned to face me. " um....uh..." I trailed of not knowing what to say. What was I thinking before saying hey!! I was nervously standing in that awkward silence with Amaan looking straight at me, waiting for me to say something. He chuckled seeing my face and that unknowingly brought a smile to my face. " Dinner was good" he said to be as He resumed to watch the busy roads at the distance. " uh.. thanks" I replied taken aback by his compliment. It would be a lie if I said I was not happy because of what he said but why am I happy?? He just said the food was good after all. Huh! it must be the butterflies. I didn't realise that I was starting at him and that he was asking me something for the past I don't know how long. "Huh?" I asked as I shook my head to come back to reality. " woah! Are you alright?" He asked obviously confused by my weird behaviour. " um yeah just a bit tired. What were you asking though?" I asked him. " I was suggesting that we get to bed....it's quite late now" he said and I nodded. As we reached the bed he opened his mouth to say something but I bet him to it. " right. I remember and should I keep the blanket or will you?" I asked him curtly as I remembered from our first night together with the blanket in between us. " I was about to say good night" he replied and I looked down in embarrassment. Did I blabber too much? But he continued. " Sameera.... I didn't mean to hurt you that day... I was just giving you space... I was just trying to make you comfortable because I know how much you hate this marriage and how much you hate me" he said before going into the washroom. I could sense the pain and hurt in his voice.I felt like a big arrow was thrushes through me. I didn't know he felt that way. Amaan I don't hate you. What I have towards you is the farthest from hate. I didn't know he was being distant to make it easy for me. But in turn and surprisingly it is hurting me.

########
............😁
Also thank you so much for the comments. And they honestly make me want to actually take this ahead. I would try to reply to all of your comments as soon as I can because I feel obliged to thank each of you individually. It wouldn't be a lie if I said that this update was a result of the encouragement I got from you guys, especially for the last crappy chapter I updated so late um....and also all the other crappy chapters. Also merry Christmas and happy new year guys!!
Have a beautiful and memorable time with your family friends and loved ones
Thank you once again!!!