Chapter 45.

"Ufff... ah" I whined stretching my arms, the dhupatta long abandoned. Man! My dress was quite heavy for my liking and this choker on my neck is literally chocking me. I wonder when the 'new bride' tag expires because I'm done being overly dressed, at least more dressed than the others just because I'm the new bride. People and the their stupid customs. " it's high time you get used to this. Don't you think?" Amaan's voice startled me as he sat right beside me on the bed. "It's not fair how you don't have to go through all this. Why just the bride and not the groom too?" I complained. "Um.... I wouldn't say it's the same.." he trailed as he gently started massaging my shoulders and I involuntarily scooted closer to him, my back already leaning on to his chest. ".... but of course even the groom aka me gets to go through few tortures which are really worth the while he gets with his bride" he completed referring to the current moment we are sharing and a satisfied sigh escaped through my lips that are already stretched into a smile. All this while I've been silent and I realised that we've been in that position for sometime now and though it's a comfortable silence, I should say something but what? All I feel is bliss. I can- "so I'm hoping you caught a tip or two from the aunties" he interrupted my thoughts. I didn't have to turn around to know that he had a smirk on his face, enjoying teasing me while I am cursing myself for not coming up with anything before he could come up with that. " I-I...um..I" I tried to speak. Oh just shut up Sameera!! couldn't come up with anything earlier and now just stop opening and closing your mouth. "Actually don't answer that... just surprise me baby!" he exclaimed and I for sure knew he was trying his best not to burst into laughter while I was sitting there still with my mouth agape with his sudden ... what is this even called?... wait so did our relationship officially change from two dumbasses who always bicker to .. to what? A loving couple?! What we can't be a full blown couple in love for full time can we? It won't be us. Or will it be us? Are we us now? Wait who are we? What if- I was almost about to lose my mind but Amaan just bursted out laughing and boy was he laughing so hard that his whole face turned red and he... he looked cute.I would have laughed along if it wasn't for my utterly confused brain right now that is really trying hard to figure out what's so damn funny!
I was still sitting on the bed dumbfounded while Amaan had already somehow found his way on the floor holding on to his stomach as he toned his laughter down. I'm pretty sure he fell of the bed. I patiently waited for him to calm down, pretty sure I'm still looking stupid with my mouth agape so I closed my mouth and folded my arms to my chest. " you.. you should ha...ve.. seen you.. your face haha" Amaan managed to say. " what?" I got defensive. " I would have never imagined that prank being so funny before us getting married " Amaan said, completely over his hysterics. " ha ha very funny" I mimicked kinda relieved that he was joking . He kept his gaze on me for a few seconds before he came towards me and gently placed a kiss on my temple. The way his lips lingered on my skin for a few seconds not only set off those butterflies who secretly live in my stomach but it also conveyed the passion he had towards me. I just wanted to hug him and this time I was really clear of my emotion.... but I didn't ... I just didn't do it. "Oh Sameera.. I was just joking.I would never consciously put you in an uncomfortable position... that's a promise I made to myself. I would never rush you into anything as well... come on we are nowhere near it ... I know and I'm aware of that. We have like a whole life to figure things out. I'm not gonna make any decisions for you as much as you wouldn't for me. I'm honestly happy about the place we are at now, not that I don't want to move forward. I soooo want to .. I'm like really... ahem..I mean.. it's not that. But I'll wait for you to get there and that's my promise." Self control my foot. I leaned or maybe jumped might be the correct word ... so yeah I kinda jumped at him into a hug and thankfully my body mass isn't much or we would have for sure kissed the ground. I wrapped my arms around his torso and I honestly wished for time to freeze then and there. I really don't understand why it's so soothing to my soul to be so close to him that now it's frustrating. Why does this have to feel so good?! It felt like I wanted this forever. With my head resting on his chest while he gently stroked my hair with his arm while the other protectively rested on my back.. it is strange how small gestures can trigger so much emotions in humans. " but hey, you are on your own dodging the baby questions haan.. I'm not gonna help you out again like today.. Acha... mein kya soch Raha tha ki... why not a baby right at the beginning and then they'll shut up. What say?" Amaan suggested playfully and I didn't have to check twice to know that he was joking but that didn't help the heat and blush on my face. " Amaaaaannn" I whined as I slightly hit his arms. "Acha acha no more jokes" he calmed his laughter as he turned to leave the room. " Amaan... um... wo" I started unsure how to convey my thought. "Wo.. mein" I stuttered as he came close by inches away from me. "Sameera, I know. Please don't overthink and let time change things... we have traveled a long way so far and I really don't want to rush the rest of our journey together. I love you and i guess you don't hate me either so I pretty much believe that's enough for me to keep going" and with that he left the room leaving me to dwell on his words and on my feelings. I do love him ...but I think it's too soon to tell.