Chapter 57.

The next second, I heard a gun shot and my name being screamed "Sameera!!". But how is it possible? Am I dying, thereby hallucinating the voice I've been craving for? I heard rushed foot steps, even the slightest sound hurting my head. Soon felt a familiar touch on my swollen face making me flinch. "Sameera! Please open your eyes!!" I heard the voice again. I tried my best to open my eyes and make sure I'm not having a flashback of my life, dying but he's really here. I slightly opened my teary eyes to slit size but my vision was blurry. I could not hold on anymore as darkness consumed me even more and more.

AMAAN'S POV

Tears rolled down my eyes as she laid almost lifeless in my arms. I quickly carried her to my car not before sharing my contact details with the cops and getting their consent to take her as this is a police case. I gently placed her head on my lap while I sat in the backseat. Aliya Di said it was the best idea for me to stay with her in the back while she drives as I was in no sense and wouldn't be able to focus on driving when Sameera is in this state. I kept reassuring myself that she's just passed out from these injuries and exhaustion and she'll be alright but  my heart ached seeing her in this condition. The left side of her forehead bleeding from a deep cut while blood was spread on her bruised lips, deep red handprints on her pale cheeks. I wish I could cut off his fucking hands. "Should we go to some hospital near by ya Menon uncle ke clinic jaaon?" Aliya Di asked. " Menon uncle. I'm sure he'll understand and help us. We really don't want the family or media to get to know this.The wounds don't look too critical .. she should be able to hang in there ... just drive fast!" I replied as my eyes remained on Sameera's. "Di please drive fast!" I begged Di as I caressed my hands over her cheeks. I promised her I would be there to protect her and I couldn't! I failed. I should have taken her with me or I should have stayed back. I gave importance to work and this happened! I failed her!

The car suddenly came to a halt bringing me out of my thoughts and Anna ran out to get a stretcher. The attendant came rushing with the stretcher and he helped me settle her on it. I watched as the nurse and Menon uncle rushed her into a room. I'm glad Aliya Di thought of Menon Uncle, he's got few necessary facilities and staffing in his clinic and the issue would be under control as well. I wouldn't have been able to think of it. I looked down at my hand and drops of tears fell on the blood smeared on them and my heart ached thinking about her condition. "Amaan!" I heard him call out as Sameer bhayya rushes towards me, tears filling his eyes as well and I looked up with teary eyes not knowing what to tell him. He quickly hugged me and I bursted into tears. I couldn't contain myself. " bhayya... she.. she's. I'm sorry it's my fault. I failed bhai I couldn't protect her" I couldn't help myself. "Amaan! No don't let yourself down! It's not your fault! We all lost focus" he told me, his voice cracking a bit. I pulled back to see Aliya Di hugging Ali Bhai who seems to have just arrived.

Please leave your comments and I'll try my best to continue updating.