chapter 19. RELIEF! BUT NOT FOR LONG....

"you still think this is a good idea?" Amaan asked for the umpteenth time. "I thought we were over it" I complained as I wore my seatbelt. "okay one move and we are leaving" he warned me. "fine" I agreed. "actually one move and we leave after YOU kick the jerk's ass off" he said as he took a turn. "of course mere baap". I didn't think its gonna be this difficult when I agreed that he could come along with me because that was the only way he would allow me to meet karan or else he would tell bhayyas about karan. Jerk!he know how to play his cards.

"how long have you two know each other?" I asked him out of curiosity. "me and who?" he asked disinterested in whatever I wanted to talk about but I continued "you and robert?. "4-5 years I guess, why?" he asked. "you guys-" I was cut off when his phone went off. I swear this phones going to the sewer real soon. He answered the phone and was talking about business, business and business. How I know? I got it from the words stocks, deal, market and office, if it wasn't for that I would have never known. Business is not my cup of tea, I've never been interested in it though most of family is deep rooted into business. Ask me the birth date of da vinci, configuration of titanium anything but bulls and dozers in stocks. I huffed at times as the phone call extended to another 10 minutes. We are having too much of car rides this time than ever and it always happened to be eventfull and dramatic to be honest. "why are you getting so pissed? Weren't you the one that always wanted me to be quite, without irritating you?" Amaan asked, oh so the call must have ended, after eternity. "wait who said im pissed, im not, why should I?" I stuttered perhaps some part of me agrees to him but im not gonna tell him. "this" he said pointing at my folded hands which I quickly unfolded, I don't remember doing that. "now don't bother lying we've already reached" he told me and I noticed that we reached the beach. I didn't try defending from his comments because I was too anxious about what was going to happen. Till now I was okay but at the moment I felt like a heavy rock was placed on my chest. Its really awkward when you meet a friend after a fight and this is not even the same case, I wonder what he wants to say. I watched my feet sink into the beach sand as I trailed behind Amaan. Why did I even agree to this! I noticed that Amaan had stopped walking and he is staring at me, what did I do now? "as far as I want you to deal with problem alone..... I cant leave you alone with him again. So whatever he want to say, he'll say it in front of me and fight your fears. Deal with this just like you used to,don't punch him though there are police here" he chuckled at the end probably from the memory of me punching around kids when we were young. I wish things could be like that, no fears and vulnerability. "ha... hello Sameera"karan's voice made me snap my head to my left. I didn't even see him coming. I gave him a small nod, I want to keep the talking to a minimum. "im really very sorry for that day, I don't know what had gotten into me. I just.....trust me I didn't have any bad intentions" karan really looked guilty but im not ready to believe him just like that. "I really liked you... and so did the others... I was just excited that day... I mean you have interacted the most with me so i.. so I thought I had a chance... that you might like me...that's why... and im really sorry and ashamed. I never knew you were engaged and all, if I knew I wouldn't have....." he continued. "oh yeah? So what were you talking about winning and being popular huh?" Amaan growled and karans face immediately fell. "its true that we were having a bet and all but my feelings for you were true. But you have to be careful about the others" he warned and I noticed Amaan tense in front of me. But I'm not surprised, i've been worrying myself for a long time now that nothing perplex me anymore, moreover im sure it cant get worse than gourav. "what do you mean?" Amaan asked he must be curious about what more comes with my baggage,while I decided to just fold my hands and listen to what more dangers are in store for me. " when you get back the others might still try for you and im not sure if their intentions are good but as far as I know no plots are being planned among the guys but why I insisted on meeting today was to warn you....... I heard that gourav and his gang has something about you going on I don't know what it is but they are planning something. We all know that you had an issue with him-", "what?what issue?" I cut him off. This cant be happening, there is now way people know about that day. "that you fought with him.... and Sameera he's really taken it seriously, he's very dangerous you have to be careful." He warned me, and I sighed in relief, at least he dont know that he have already tried..... "what do you know about his plan?" Amaan asked and it soon registered in me what karan had said earlier gourav is planning something? It can get worse I guess. " I don't exactly know but its on the annual day next month, probably because it will be easy for gourav to sneek in. but I heard he's here in delhi with his gangsters so just be careful okay and im really sorry for my misbehavior, im not a bad guy, i just hope that we'll still be friends" he said and I sensed sincerity in it. He handed me the project works and started to leave guilt and sadness clear on his face but I stopped him as I held my hand out "friends?". He was suprised but readily took my arm and nodded happily which made me smile too. He promised he'll help me out in any way possible before leaving. I turned around to find Amaan in deep thoughts and I nudged him, distracting him from whatever he was thinking. "so we now that he's engaged and probably satisfied with the plan that he have made so its most likely that he wont bother doing anything before next month I guess" Amaan said attentively and a feeling of relief washed in me, at least I don't have to think that each day is my last atleast for a while. "so maybe we can figure this out, we'll move you out of his reach, that's the only practical option I see. We'll discuss this with the others so now just forget about that scoundrel and enjoy our marr... I mean the vacation" he said a touch of joy and excitement in his voice. Since we are already here we decided to dip our legs in the waves which is a must thing I do whenever im at the beach but last time I couldn't and thinking about that night just saddens me. This vacation is nothing like the previous ones, a lot have changed whether it's the present, past or my future. i couldn't even enjoy a single day and I don't know if its only because of gourav or if my nikkah with Amaan is a reason too but with each passing day Amaan is giving me reasons why I should not hate him and why dada-dadi's decisions can be right.