Chapter 33. #THISHASTOSTOP

Sameera's POV

I woke up with a feeling of content, the comfort of the blanket and sunlight was not really bright and disturbing indicating I've been asleep for more time than intended. I glanced at the clock placed on the side table to notice that it's 10:30 in the morning. Arre babre. I slept a little too much. I jumped off off the bed and got inside the washroom after making the bed. Bed? How did I get there? As far as I can remember I was waiting for Amaan in the couch.. maybe i moved to the bed and just don't remember. Once I was done with  my routine I changed into a comfortable yet 'new bride' type churidhar. Though it's been a month since our wedding mama and mami insists that I'm still their new bride because of reasons I'll never understand. I quickly perform fajar since I missed it before heading over to the living room. Today is Friday so Amaan must have left early since he have to take extra hours off from work to attend Juma. He never told me so but I figured it out. I greeted Mama who was reading the Newspaper in his personal armchair before entering the kitchen to find mami. " good morning mami" I greeted. " arre Beta tu teekh hain na?" She asked, her voice filled with concern as she checked my temperature with her hands. " Haan mami Kyun? Kya hua?" I assured her. " nahi, you were sleeping for so long, which is unlikely of you. Tho Muje laga shayadh Bimar hain" she said as flipped another roti. " no mami I'm fine. I overslept I guess. I don't know. Thamanna kaha hai?" I asked as I placed all the dirty utensils on to the sink. " school" she replied as she saved the roti from burning. It was funny watching her expression. " aap jake rest Karo. I'll do- ah" I yelped as the tap of the sink I was opening broke, spraying water all over me. " mami" I called out for help and she hurriedly closed the main water line. The gushing water ceased leaving me completely wet. Me and mami looked at each other. Though she's not some stranger to me and I had grown up around her, being her son's bride and maybe the fact that we share a  " saas bahu " relationship too made me nervous as to whether she'll be disappointed with me. I nervously stared at her and she kept the gaze tight too. After a few seconds she bursted into laughter and soon I joined in. By now Mama too joined us at the kitchen to know what the sound was. Mami asked me to go change before explaining Mama what happened.

I carefully but quickly walked towards the room I share with Amaan trying to shed little amount of water as possible. I locked the door behind me and got into the bathroom. I removed the wet heavy clothes and wrapped the towel around me before stepping out of the bathroom. I always hated to roam around naked even though I'm alone. I was getting fresh clothes from the cupboard when I heard a gasp to my utter shock. I quickly turned around to come face to face with Amaan standing at the entrance of the balcony which I recall was closed when I entered the room. What the hell!!. Wasn't he at the office?!. How could this happen? I tightened my grip on the towel as I looked down my body to see how much it covered. I looked at his face which was now slightly pink and I'm sure mine would be a shade ten times darker. I could feel my eyes filling up. I feel really exposed and ashamed. I feel really helpless, this shouldn't have happened. Only if the ground could split open and swallow me. " I...I... water..sink.. you.. office" I stuttered as I noticed him advancing towards me, a few drops of tears escaping my eyes. Ya Allah ! Why me? I took steps back which unfortunately were only a few before my back hit the cupboard. Ya Allah! Ya Allah! Please please let this be a dream! Let this not be real. Ya Allah! I slowly opened my eyes which I didn't realise I was squeezing shut until now when I felt his finger move a few wet locks from my face. I slowly exhaled realising I've been holding my breath all this while. I looked into his eyes, we were just inches apart. He slowly raised his hands while I was completely still holding my breath once again as he wiped my tears. " I'm not him.." he whispered before placing a tight kiss on my forehead and I subconsciously closed my eyes again . He took the dupatta from my hold and wrapped it around my shoulders and walked towards the door . " come out once you are done " he said before closing the door behind him. I stood there frozen, processing what just happened. How am I even going to face him now? I locked the door and started dressing myself, the events replaying in my mind. This must be the first time he ever kissed me. Other than the hug we shared when I broke down in darool mansion this must be the first intimate thing we have had. A smile was playing on my lips all the while. But why am I even happy?