Chapter 59.

SAMEERA'S POV

Pain shot up my head again as I shifted myself onto my right side. My mind kept skimming through the bits of information to figure out what exactly happened. Vague images started flashing in my mind.  Where am I? Gourav! Is he? Is he here? Is Anna safe? Did he....? Where am I ? My panic attack was interrupted as Amaan walked in with a tray. As soon as he saw me, he hurried to me after placing the tray on the side table. "Hey, hey.. Hey! Breathe...its okay.. I'm here" He said as he started rubbing my back. It was then that I realised I wasn't breathing. He wiped off the tears from under my eye and pulled me closer while I scooted closer to him trying hard to breathe and compose my self. My hands clutched on to his shirt as he scooped me over his lap. "Amaan where are we? Aliya Di aur Anna Kahan hai? Aur wo- wo..wo-" "shhh! Don't worry everyones fine. Kuch nahi Hua. Don't think about anything, everything is fine. Take rest now and I'll explain everything" He cut me off and started to move me towards the bed but I clutched more onto him as I panicked even more. He waited for a few seconds before lifting my chin to meet his eyes. "Sameera, sweetheart, You need rest at the moment. We need to get an ultrasound done as well" he said, concern clear in his voice but there was something strange in his voice.He wasn't really meeting my eyes and maybe its just me but I feel some kind of distance between which is funny because we are the closest we have ever been. I kept looking into his eyes, trying to find out what he is thinking while lots of emotions swirled in my mind. All this made me feel very overwhelmed, I blinked to release the tears blurring my vision. " Oh, Sameera!" He exclaimed and then slowly  kissed my forehead above the bandage covering the wound, his lips trailing there for a few more seconds brought a sense of security to me. He leaned back on to the headboard as he tucked my head under his chin, lightly caressing my head. It must be the medicines, tiredness or his soothing touch but my eyes couldn't stay open any longer as I started drifting into sleep.

I woke up to find myself in someone's embrace. I snuggled in more as soon as I realised who it is. "Amaan?" I called not sure if he's awake as my head was still tucked under his chin. "Hm?" Came his reply. "Where are we?" I asked him. " Menon Uncle ke clinic ke pass ek Hotel mein" He answered, his voice hoarse. "So I did see Menon uncle, Sapna nahi tha" I said in realisation.  "Well I  shouldn't be surprised you were barely conscious" He answered himself and I hummed in response. "Ali bhai aur Sameer bhaiya bhi theh. Aur jab thume hosh ayi, hum dono yaha aaya aur bakki sab ghar chale gaye" He explained. Ghar! "Amaan! ghar! ghar jana hai na!  What time is it?" I panicked. " Are you crazy? Halath dheki hai apni? What will we tell everyone? They'll kill us all" He whisper yelled and I involuntarily pouted. "Thoh? I asked him. "Thoh kya?" He asked, still worked up, looking anywhere but me. "Arre, its not like they will not notice that  I not home. Aliya have come back, Thamanna have come back, Sameera kaha hai? We lost her won't work na?" I exclaimed and he looked at me. " Oh, well as per our family, we are on a weekend getaway and won't be back home until a few days which would actually depend on how soon we can get you to a presentable state. And don't pout in front of me. You have bruised lip, warna...." He trailed, the emotions in his voice confusing but even then a blush crept on my cheeks. " I know there's a thousand detail here, I'll explain everything but I don't want you to-" Amaan was interrupted by the doorbell and I involuntarily clutched onto his hands as a sense of panic set inside of me for some reason . " Hey, there's nothing to worry about now. I'll be right back. Okay?" He left. I sat there feeling slightly anxious but also relieved that Amaan is here. Speaking of... wait how exactly did he get here?! How did I miss this detail till now? He was in Texas when I went for the trip. My body shuddered at the thought of the trip. It was today right? Or was it- wait am I suffering from a memory loss. What day is today? My thoughts were interrupted as Amaan walked in  followed by Anna trailing behind. " Anna are you okay?" I asked as I sprung up and a horrible pain shot up in my head while a muscles ached somewhere around my stomach and I yelped in pain. "Di!" Anna exclaimed as she cautiously approached while Amaan was already by my side. " Wait! slowly lay down" He instructed as he helped me lay down while I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to bear the pain. " Bhai did she not have her food? Give her the soup and then the medicines, that might help" Anna suggested and my eyes came in contact with the heap of tablets placed on the side table and I cringed. Please tell me they are not for me. "Don't you dare.. you are taking all of that" Amaan warned, reading my mind. Soon Amaan proceeded to feed me the soup inspite of me telling I can do that on my own, earning giggles from Anna. Way to embarrass me Amaan! "That parking is a mess" Ali bhai commented as he entered the room and walked towards me. "Choti.." He trailed as he caressed my cheek, a look of guilt on his face. "Bhai, please..." My eyes filled up as I placed my hand on his and he just nodded for my sake, not wanting to talk about it. "Amaan, how did you get here?" I asked Amaan after a few seconds, wanting to change the subject.
I could see something flash in his eyes. "Um.. Well.. I was just visiting for the weekend" He trailed off. Now, his behaviour is worrying me. " Di, remember how I was on the call? Yeah it was bhaiya. We were discussing about when we'll reach home and stuff .... Um.. that is when we had to leave." Anna informed. "I can't thank Allah enough that you were still on the line with Anna" Ali bhai told Amaan and it all made sense to me. I vaguely remember Anna talking in between. She was on call with Amaan! " but to what use bhai? I couldn't even-" Amaan stopped mid sentence and abruptly got up and left the room and Ali bhai followed him outside. After few minutes of silence, Anna sat close to me, her eyes welled up as she caressed the bandage on my forehead. "Ga-Gourav?" I cautiously asked her, scared to even think about him or any memories associated to him. " Di, he's was shot! But no he's not dead. They managed to catch him, it didn't really seems easy. But bhayyas are working with a lawyer to make sure he never gets out of prison" Anna spoke .  "Di, after he stomped on you, you almost lost your consciousness, and he was about to.. about to touch you inappropriately. We were sure if we didn't do anything, he'd either assault or kill you. He looked like a monster! I panicked, when I saw him hovered over you, I felt like I wanted to die before I watched something like that happen to you. By that time Aliya Di had sneaked behind his back and smashed a wooden chair on his back. I still have no idea where she got that from or how she managed to lift that so high" She chuckled as she continued. " I highly doubt if he's a human because he composed himself real quick and pulled out his stupid gun. I don't know what possessed in me. I might have done a backspring.. I don't know! I managed to kick the gun out of his hands and strangle him down just in time for the Cops. It was a chaos Di, we were mostly concentrated on you but I believe he tried to run and tried to shoot the officers.  One of the officer shot him in the leg. Almost at the same time Amaan bhaiya reached us. And the man Di, who got shot is fine. Sameer bhai have taken care of his expenses." Ya Allah, this is a lot to chew on. " You know Di? Bhai is not just visiting for the weekend. He wanted to surprise you. He didn't contact you the past weeks because he was finishing off all the works to come meet you. We were planning this for more than a week. We were supposed to meet him mid- way before reaching home in a Restaurant and all. I was supposed to do all the drama to persuade you into going there" She laughed. "I'm really surprised that it took the police officers nearby so long to reach us when Bhaiya reached us at the same time from farther away. Must have drove like crazy. Thank you Allah, he didn't get into any accidents" Anna exclaimed while the constriction in my throat made it hard to breathe. "Anna, I want to use the washroom" I managed to say and she helped me to the bathroom. Once the bathroom door was closed behind me, I couldnt hold it in me and tears started trickling down my face as I slid down on to the bathroom floor. He was here to surprise me and this is what I gave him! I made everyone worry so much because of my foolishness. I put my sisters in danger and Amaan? I dont even know whats going through his mind. Is he hating me? He must think it's my fault. Wait! It is my fault! I should have gone with him and none of this would have happened. I can't imagine what would have gone through others. I've put everyone in trouble. This will for sure be a police case and the entire family would know. What will I tell them! I really hate myself at the moment. None of this would have happened had I kept myself shut. I'm sorry Amaan... I'm so sorry...

A long chapter! I'll be posting as much as I can... but I wouldn't ask you to stay tuned because I can't make any promises... but please let me know what you guys think ... thank you 😊