Chapter 44

"I know it's only been a day since you came back. But at least you could drop a message " I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I heard Noora speak the very moment I attended her call. " especially when she's gonna get engaged to someone and you hardly have anymore time to spend with her" - she continued. Right.." wait what?? You're getting engaged? How ? When ? With whom?" I questioned her, wow now that was a surprise. "Jooooooking" she dragged the word as a response and started laughing. Eh! "You idiot. I got so excited you know. I hate you" I exclaimed. "Aw I love you too. But when are we going to meet?" She enquired to which I said that I'll text her about before hanging up the call since I was asked to attend the guests who are filling up the hallway. Zara di coming back a day earlier than expected gave us less time to prepare for the guests that were to follow to meet the little addition to the family. She and the baby were doing perfectly fine, Alhamdullillah! So the doctor advised she could go home. We were all dressed up not more than required to attend to a house party. We younger people were busy attending to the people around. Anna was to stay with the baby and Zara di. My brothers, few of my cousin brothers were attending to the men section. Some of the jijus didn't make it as they had their work. The ladies of the group were attending to ladies gathered around. I was having a hard time getting pulled into groups by aunties who would either gossip which I would nod at with a fake smile or put me under embarrassing situation where I would be asked about when I'm planning to have a baby or how to have a control on the husband in ways I never want to know. Come on people!!! It's been five months! I'm not the new bride anymore. "You know you should not be this shy, be a little...what is the word?.. ah flirrty. But only with your husband haan. Hahaha" one of the aunty said before all the others joined her in laughing their heads of at.. at that stupid joke? I can't take this anymore. Maybe I'll pretend to faint or act tired.. no. No. Then they'll suggest I'm pregnant and make things even worse. I could say someone's calling but then it'll be the third time that I'll fail. I can scream loud and run from here maybe. Ah! "Sameera! I've been looking everywhere for you and you are chit chatting here?" I saw as Amaan came towards me with an annoyed face "sorry ladies I would have to borrow my wife for a minute" he informed the aunties rather unapologetically and literally dragged me from there to a corner away from the aunties where my cousins were waiting for me. " what the heck Amaan?" I asked him once I was stable on my feet. " what? You wanted to stay there longer listening to them explain how to seduce your husband?" He retorted back a little too loud. I could sense the others suppressing their laughter which made my cheeks even more red. Why doesn't the ground split open and swallow me!? " what I mean was You could have at least let me say a bye.. now what will they think about me?" I reasoned. " yeah like you haven't tried that in the last ten minutes. And what happened? Did they let you go even at the fifth goodbye?" He challenged. How did he know that?. "How do you know it so well? Aw was my little brother secretly admiring his wife?" Aliya di cooed. Now it was his turn to blush. " huh! Kuch bhi?!" He exclaimed at Aliya di and left the spot instantly pretending that he was called by someone. We all bursted into laughter as soon as he left. " whipped" I could hear Anas bhai muttering. And my mind on its accord started going back to yesterday nights event. Having both of us confess our feelings and adding that kiss to the mixture, things have never been the same. A bit awkward I would say but a good type , if that's even possible. " agar thum ladkon ko koi problem nahi ho thoh can we have a little girls time? (If you boys don't mind can we have a little girls time?)" Akhila bhabhi suggested to which the men left us alone. The girls grabbed me along with them to the garden. What is happening? " tho choti kya haal hain?" Aliya di asked. Oh so it's going to be about me! " kya... mein kuch samjhi nahi(what.... I didn't really understand)" I replied. " ya Allah! We are just asking about how things are for you now that you are married. We want to know if everything's fine. You've married your cousin, you've married Amaan and we all know how you two have been all this while. So everything fine? Did you guys progress? As sisters we are bound to ask you right?" Akhila bhabhi explained. " yeah things have been good" I replied not knowing what else to say. "Ho ho look at her blushing. That answers all our questions" Aliya di teased and as if on cue, all joined in to pull my leg. Uff! And I thought aunties were the worst.

—————

One year I know I know... I'm really sorry!
And I really do appreciate all those who stood by my side and took this shitty move of mine so well... thank you so so very much for your support... I really do appreciate.