chapter 13. THE PREY OF A BEAST

"gourav?" I choked out. " so you do remember me and I feared we would have to start all over again" he said with a evil smile on his face. I glanced at his friends who were not from my college and they looked as rugged as gourav. " thank God, I've been looking everywhere for you" Amaan said as he quickly dragged me away from them. "will meet you real soon" gourav called out from my back. "don't turn back" Amaan warned and so I didn't. the hall was almost empty indicating that the movie must have started so I pulled Amaan to a stop. "That is gourav Amaan. He is in Delhi." I told him but he didn't look surprised. " I know and we cannot deal with him alone, he might be a part of that gang" he said. " they'll be waiting for us, we'll talk about it later and trust me everything's gonna be fine." he promised as we reentered the theater. We crawled our way back to the seats. The first few minutes were spent explaining why were late. I couldn't concentrate on the movie and I doubt if Amaan could too because from the corner of my eyes I could see him checking on me every now and then. I don't know if I should tell them but Amaan's right we cannot handle such a notorious person on our own. But bhayyas would kill me first for hiding such an issue from them. What if they tell the elders? How am I gonna face all of them. The worst thing disturbing me the most is that im sitting in the same room in which the monster is also present. I want to get out of here as fast as possible. I found myself getting restless. Even though I have my family on either side of me I feel very unsafe. Suddenly I felt a hand over mine and as I was about to swap it away I noticed that it was Amaan's. He intertwined our fingers and gave me a comforting smile and I didn't bother to remove my hand after all, he's been a great support since I told him about gourav. " relax. If you can't focus on the movie just try to sleep or something, there is nothing to worry about promise" he assured. I shut my eyes close trying to erase all the worries and questions from my mind trying to live the moment.

"Sameera, you were sleeping the whole time?" amar asked loud enough for the entire, okay at least a couple of rows to turn their heads to me as I woke up. My head was rested on Amaan's shoulder, our hands intertwined and he had an amused look on his face. The others had smirks plastered to their faces, their smile clearly calling out " we caught you". Soon the previous encounter with gourav came flashing to my mind and all the peacefulness I had till then came down just like that. "do you mind moving ahead 'cause I'm starving" anwar complained. "didn't you just vacuum all of that?" I asked him pointing at the heap of packs and wrappers from under his seat. "what ?cant a guy eat more?" he reasoned. "Let's just get out of here" I said and hurried towards the outside after making sure that they were following me. We walked past the corridor as everyone was busy talking about the movie, while my mind was filled with fear, what is going to happen? How am I going to deal with this. But all I'm sure of is that Amaan's going to be there for me. I was deep into my thoughts when I bumped into someone and before I could look up to apologize to the person I was towed back by another someone. What is happening? The hand that had a tight grip on mine led my eyes to Amaan who was staring at the person in front of us while all the others looked baffled just like me. Oh apology, " I'm really sorry I didn't-" I stopped midway as I saw the person in front of me. Gourav had a creepy look on his face as he smirked at me. "Let's move" ali bhayya said and we started to walk my eyes still fixed on that monster but we were stopped by gourav and his gang as they stood in front of us catching some people's attention. " look sir, she said sorry, it was an accident" arman jiju said calmly to him. Sir? That scoundrel? " oh but I don't think she's sorry enough" he said looking at me and I grabbed samar bhayyas hands really tight. " what do you mean?" ali bhai asked. Gourav let out a loud laugh " oh she knows exactly what im saying" he said as he kept on staring at me. Even though I've got my family with me I still feel vulnerable. " what is he talking about Sameera?" samar bhai asked me. "I...don't know bhayya" I lied not meeting eyes with anyone. "now could you please give us some way, we are kind of busy" adil jiju said he excused himself from the them and made way for us to follow. " I'll make sure you remember me" gourav told me as I crossed him and it was loud enough for Amaan and samar bhai to hear. " whats your problem dude huh?" samar bhai asked angrily as he sprinted towards gourav. "samar, just leave it, come on" Amaan said as he held bhayya back. As we rushed back to the car I turned back to look at him and I could see a threat, peril in his eyes and at the very thought that it is all aimed at me I shuddered, I wonder if I'll ever get to live peacefully.

Hello guys im gonna make the chapters much shorter from now on....