chapter 16. POSSESSIVE MUCH??

" hameed mama, I thought you guys said there won't be too much guests" I told mama as my eyes flickered between the different faces gathered in the elagantly decorated hall of the mansion. " yeah beta, sirf business partners, family members aur friends ko invite kiya hain don't worry your wedding will be massive" he informed me and winked at me before he left to attend to the guests.

My cheeks are hurting from all the smiling, greeting and thanking. I didn't know that my friends and business partners from india were also invited so it came out as a surprise to me when varun and sanjay came along with the others. I remember how varun had a big crush on Sameera and that's probably why he looks a little embarrassed. In between all these problems, I didn't even think about inviting my friends but hopefully Robert will be here in a week. As I was talking to Mr Gupta, I noticed that everyone's attention was gathered by something behind me and when I followed Mr Gupta's gaze my eyes widened in amazement at I watched her descending the stairs. I gasped at the site in front of me.
Sameera was never the one to dress up and stuff and I've never seen her so dolled up. She is literally looking stunning, hot, gorgeous, pre- "whipped" I heard adil jiju whisper from behind me followed by laughters from my cousins. When did they come here? I was so engrossed in her beauty that I didn't even protest their teasing. I even forgot the fact that I was angry at her until she looked away when our eyes met. All the guests were complementing her while she just nodded and faked smiles and I know the reason behind that. "so you're into her huh?" amar caught my attention as he stood next to me. "bolo bhai bathao tho" zara said as she kept on nudging me soon everyone joined her. My cheeks were heating up but I didn't let it show. " Amaan come here beta" dada ji called out to me, luckily saving me from these idiots who happen to be my cousins. " ji dadu?" I asked as soon as I reached him through the crowed. " ham razam shuru karthe hain"

"and by the way bhai you were looking dashing out there" anna complemented as she stood next to me at table where the 'cousins log' had gathered finally after getting rid of some of the guests. "usse hot kehathe budhu dashing doesn't state much" mohammed countered. "why isnt Sameera joining us?" samar asked. "she's talking to her friends, varun, daksh, priya aur noora! She came late na. must be a surprise to her" aliya di informed us. Throughout the ceremonies she didn't even look at me, she's probably guilty of what she said. I remember how her eyes lit up when noora came after the ring exchange but Noora definitely had a smirk on her face when she looked at me, was she expecting this or did she already know. "Amaan back to earth" ali bhai called out. "wonder what sanjay and varun brought for you guys, it was quite a big box" anas said. Varun! "Amaan bhai aaj jo bhi gifts mile hain, we'll open it okay, I love opening presents." ameen said excitedly and the others joined in to which I rolled my eyes. "guys I'll be right back" I excused myself and ignored their complaints that followed.

For the past 10 minutes I've been searching for a certain someone and that jerk varun but every now and then I get interrupted by someone or the other. Either it is to congratulate and give marital advice to which I patiently nodded my head or it is about my current business status and stock. Come on you've come here for my engagement not for a business meeting but I couldn't disappoint them as most of them hold shares in my company. Finally my eyes landed on a girl covered in golden jewels and a pink dhupatta that complimented her face. When our eyes met, she looked away just like before and it was only Noora who seems to be happy to see me because varun was standing there as if he just lost his pet and sanjay just put on a fake smile. "well hello there...someone's looking handsome "noor cheered to which she earned a nudge from Sameera and I chuckled seeing that. But somebody decided to ignore me as she was in a really deep conversation with that moron of a friend, varun. I should have got ridden of him right when I knew he was mad about Sameera. She was laughing at his jokes that just kept on coming one after the other. She never used to like him now what makes her laugh at his lame jokes? Why the hell is he flirting with a girl who just got engaged and why isn't she flipping him off like she normally does. " jealous much?" Noora whispered next to me. "bullshit , why would I ?" I retorted. Why in the world would I be jealous of Sameera talking to him. It's just.... It's just that varun is not a nice guy. "you know very well that he's a nice guy" okay here comes the inner voice shit. Okay he might be good but im still not bothered, let them talk or do whatever they want. "nope you're jealous and you're not okay with them talking, go show him what is yours" shut up! Who designs a voice inside the mind? This is just shit, just imagination, I'm totally fine. Phew.... You know what screw it. I walked towards Sameera ignoring the confused looks on Sameera, varun and sanjays face and also the thumbs up that Noora gave me. "so you are working in Dubai, varun?" I confidently asked him as I squeezed myself in between the group. I stood next to Sameera and slipped my hand around her waist which definitely took her by surprise as her head snapped to my direction and I just winked at her as I continued my conversation with a disappointed varun. I don't care if he hates me but she's mine.

After the guys left it's been just Sameera, Noora and me and since we were standing in a corner we weren't disturbed much. "are you staying back Noora?" Sameera asked her as she moved farther from me. " nope you saw my mom na, they all are here for the vacation so need to be home. But I'll be here a day before your wedding." Noora informed her adding a wink at the end and Sameera's face turned red hearing that, hmm...I wonder why. "guys, ma must be waiting and before she starts getting the idea about marrying me off I better go and congratulations once again, you guys are gonna make a cute couple." She said and left us after greeting. Right as I was about to leave, I was stopped when Sameera called my name. "what?" I asked in a serious tone. Though I was not really angry at her, her words still play in my head and it hurts me. "I-I want to-" she was cut off when bapu and afra mami came over to us. "oh there you are, come on fast Mr sharma and family have just arrived and even the other guests wants to meet you before leaving" bapu said and then the next thing I know is we are pushed in front of a large number of people gawking and complementing us as if we were some museum exhibits. Mr sharma and family spent a long 20 minutes chit chatting with our family while we stood there like statues. I looked at Sameera who was struggling with her dhupatta and necklace or whatever that was bother her neck, she looks exhausted. Even I'm tired, then it might be double the pain for her because of all the accessories and long lehanga she was wearing. I wonder what she was going to say. She is probably going to hit me up for holding her but I don't give a shit. I can't bear to see anyone flirting with her, not in front of me because I care for her more than I ever did and because....because I like her like I always did.

This was sameera's dress.

Was it how you expected? Was it not? Come on guys please support

Come on guys please support....😢