chapter 8. BUDDING FRIENDSHIP

"finally" I said as I drove into the parking lot. The coffee shop was empty. Since Sameera would be comfortable inside the car I decided to get a take away. " you want to go inside?" I asked to confirm and she replied in negative. " cappuccino or latte ?" I asked. "latte would be good" she said and I got off. I locked the door behind me as I walked into café but before entering I turned to make sure she was okay and she gave me a reassuring smile and I just simply nodded. I ordered a cappuccino and a latte. As I walked back to the car I watched her. Her face looks dead, eyes swollen up from crying, face all red and some hair covering her face. She looked really pretty when she wears hijab but now she was not wearing it but still looked cute but not herself. I opened the door as I reached it waking her up from her trance. "here's your latte" I said while handling her the cup and then got in the car and started sipping on mine.
"so which college are you attending?" I asked her. "Mumbai university" she replied. "why did you ask?" she asked. " well since you are my fiancée now I should know more about you I think" I tried to reason finger quoting the word 'fiance'and she just hummed in reply. Okay.... " you don't wanna know about me?" I asked her, i wanted to see how she reacts to it and maybe i can engage her mind. "Come on! its not like im meeting you for the first time. I know almost everything about you since childhood unlike you I'm updated about my cousins and their welfares. I know everything about my family" she said confidently.

The rest of our ride was spent on a family quiz to see who knows better and she obviously won. Currently I'm busy trying to fit in the right key but turns out I took the wrong bunch. But while I was busy with the key Sameera called sameer bhai with my phone and he opened the door for us. smart! As soon as he opened the door he hugged Sameera. " are you alright? Did this monkey cause you any trouble?" He asked her as they pulled apart. " ahem ahem" I faked coughs and he turned turned around and hugged me too. " im sorry bhayya I didn't think about the cops- " I got cut off by bhayya. " its okay Amaan its not your fault even I have been caught several times with aziya and now we carry our wedding photo around. But you guys have to wait for it. Just two weaks." He said with a wink and Sameera rolled her eyes. " why no sardonic comments? You want to marry her don't you?" sameer bhai asked me. My cheeks turned hot but I replied to cover my embarrassment " it doesn't matter whether we want it or not, lets just wait and watch how it turns out. Good night bhayya" I told him. Sameer bhai's room is on the first floor. After their greeting Sameera followed me up the stairs. As I took the steps to the third floor Sameera asked " are you not going to your room?". "first lets just tuck you to bed" I said . "but im not a baby" she whined proving the point but I just ignored. " how often do you get night mares" I asked her. "it used to be a daily thing but now its less frequent" she said. " so what do you do about it. Have you ever told someone?" I asked again. " well its hard to sleep after that everything frightens me and I never told anyone because I would have explain." She explained to me as we reached her room. We entered the room and stood there awkwardly. "why don't you go freshen up and I'll wait for-" I said but she cut me off. "you don't have to Amaan im totally fine i- " but she stopped midsentence after seeing the look on my face. " I'll be right back" she said. She collected the necessary things and got into the bathroom. I cant leave her just like that, since she talked about it she might have a night mare. I scrolled through my phone as she took her time. " I heard the sound of the door and turned to her. She looked fresh and calm and was wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt "I didn't bring anything else with me" she tried to reason, clearly uncomfortable under my gaze. "no you look good I mean it's your night dress and your personal choice so I..it's good" I tried to cover up the fact that I was checking her out. "why don't you sleep you look tired" I told her. "then what about you?" she asked. What about me? Oh yeah " uhh I'll leave after you sleep just ring me if you have a night mare don't hesitate. It gets better when you talk to someone. " I said and she nodded as she closed her eyes.

"good night Amaan"

"good night Sameera" and so she drifted off to sleep really quick. I left for my room wondering if our marriage would work out by any chance. But deep inside i knew i wanted it to.