Chapter 25. RIGHT!

" yeh lo beta..." sulekha mami handed me a glass of milk as the other ladies stood beside us in the kitchen. " I cannot get any luckier... my daughter will be in the same house as mine even after her marriage. I don't have to be worried one bit.. mera bete ki sath jo hoon" ammi said as she shed a few tears and others agreed to her saying 'meri nazeeb kisi aur ko nahi milegi' huh nazeeb my foot!!
Ammi was so excited since I woundnt have to leave her at least for a while.

I walked into the room.. actually got dumped into the room by my sisters and they left giggling and talking about how awesome the day was.
I walked further and placed the glass on the table and sat on the edge of the bed thinking how worse my life could get. Soon I heard a lot of commotion outside the room and It doesn't take a genius to guess that it was the boys and they were accompanying Amaan till the door as if I was a principal and Amaan was too scared to come and meet me alone . And soon enough all the different faces but equally excited excited were visible to me. As Ali Bhai opened his mouth to say something to Amaan, my brother Sameer just decided to make things awkward. " Ali no! Don't advice him! Not in front of me. I do not want to know what my sister-" "bhai!" I almost yelled before he could say anything further. " oh okay.. okay.. um.. we are leaving... God this is awkward choti.. uh... just good night" Sameer bhai said as he came forward, hugged me and then left the room immediately. It indeed was hell lot awkward. And I'm not one bit happy about it. As soon as Samar Bhayya and all the others hugged me and left , Amaan closed the door behind him. I focused my vision completely on the window through which an art of the moonlight was displayed. "Uh..." Amaan started but I bet him to it. "I'm not sleeping on the floor!!" I blurted out fast. " what?!" His sound came out in confusion, amusement and shock so I looked up to his face. Only then did I regret not looking at him the whole time. He was the living definition of 'dashing'. Wo wo control there Sameera.. get a grip! I soon looked away not wanting to be teased for gawking at him. "yeah even I thought so and there was supposed to be a Divan-cot over here but seems like it's moved out or something" he said as he searched around for the cot by the balcony. At the time I got a message notification on my phone and my eyes widened in shock as I read the message from Aisha di. " you don't have to try" I told Amaan as he came back before showing him my phone. "'The cot is moved out...we have watched enough tv serials to know ...what would happen if it's there... the floor carpet is fully wet.. so don't even try sleeping on the floor...and do.. remember to thank us later..love you?'" Amaan read out the message and smiled. He smiled! " are you crazy these people are pulling our leg and you're smiling ?" I ridiculed. He just looked at me. " does it make any difference if I frown or complain about it" he asked in a bored tune. " and by the way I was just smiling at their silly efforts" he continued. "Whatever" i muttered as I started removing these heavy jewels off my neck. After about five minutes of trying I couldn't even untie one necklace. Have they clued it onto my skin or what. I huffed in frustration. " what happened,need help ?" Amaan asked as he came out of the washroom in some comfortable clothes. And I was jealous that he is comfortable and I'm not. " no thanks" I said rather rudely and resumed strangling myself with the chains around my neck. I don't remember how they wore all this on me since I was literally dead all day. Suddenly I felt a hand touch my neck from behind and almost then I felt a strange feeling in my stomach. I didn't stop him from helping me. I was just stuck in that moment unable to think further. He slowly removed my hair from the back . And unpinned my dhupatta from the back of my shoulders. And I suddenly tensed. Probably noticing it, he  said " the chains are stuck with the dhupatta and i think it's pinned beneath it so...." and I slowly nodded giving him the permission to do so. Within a few minutes my neck was free from the weight except for my long gold Mangal suthr. I'm sure my entire face is red and my face was on fire since the time he touched my neck. "Thanks" somehow I managed to mutter as I slowly looked to his eyes. " right" he replied. "Huh?" Whatever feeling I was having till then was suddenly replaced as I asked him. " I'm taking the right side of the bed" he explained curtly and I nodded. I took my PJs since I didn't want to wear shorts in front of him and walked into the washroom. By the time I was back I saw that there was a blanket on the exact middle of the bed dividing it into two halves Amaan was already asleep on his side. I felt a bit sad thinking that he wanted us to be as far as possible even at this proximity. It was then I realised that it's just not my feeling but it really is true that this relation have no meaning. I didn't wait for too long as I was too tired to contemplate. So I laid on my side wishing for a peaceful sleep.