chapter 17. THE HANDSOME GUEST

Sameera's pov

It's been a long day than I expected. " you must be tired choti get some rest. We hardly have 7 days till the wedding, it's gonna be fun" aliya di said excitedly as she, zara di and aisha di helped me undress the dhupatta and the jewelery. "should I continue calling you di or should I call you bhabhi?" thamanna asked trying to look thoughtful, her American accent more clear than usual. "why don't we think about it after the marriage" I mimicked her accent as I pinched her cheeks. Being the youngest she's my pet, I don't want there to be any change in our relation. I was still in my blouse and skirt when they left my room. I loved zara di's selection but it was too heavy and the blouse was short but she secured it with pins fashionably to make sure nothing was revealed. My family is strong believers of Allah and his teachings but we were never orthodox. We all used modern clothes but we always dressed modestly when we go out in the public but inside the house we had our choice which we do not misuse. As I was about to change my clothes I heard a knock on the door. It must be the girls; anna must have definitely left back something. I walked towards the door as I rubbed my aching neck. I opened the door to reveal Amaan behind the doors and he was holding something apparently a gift box. I looked up to his face to find him redden and he quickly looked away soon I realized that I was in my blouse and gosh!"um... I...wait a minute I'll-I'll be right back" I stammered as I rushed to the bathroom collecting all my cloths. My face must lock like a tomato. This is too much embarrassment for a day and why him? I changed my cloths in record timing and got out of the bathroom. Amaan was sitting on my bed checking his phone. God! I'll throw that phone away one day. I don't know why but the sight of him scrolling through his phone irks me. He looks very serious at the time. I huffed to get his attention and when he looked up he had a smirk on his face. Now where did that come from? He was better off with that serious look. "uh...um I thought it would be the girls, aliya di-" I stopped myself as I noticed that he was not interested in listening to me. Guess he's still angry at me. I don't want things to be so serious between us. I was just trying to be friendly and I don't understand what made him so angry. "Here" he said as he handed me the box. I accepted it but I didn't know what it was about. "it's the engagement gift" he answered my doubts. "you can return it if you want but to my parents and do mention a reason" he said sarcastically. "Amaan, please wait" I called out as he turned to leave and he gave me a bored look which clearly said 'what now?. "Amaan 'm sorry for what I said okay, if that's why you are acting like this. Allah khazam I was not trying to imply that you are cheap or any such thing. I'm just... I just don't want you to spoil your life marrying me , I'm a psycho now and you don't even love me so why sacrifice your life? You can tell them about this because this is the only reason that dada-dadi might buy. That's why I told you no other intentions, trust me" I explained to him trying to convince him. "bhayya you were here? I've been searching everywhere for you, ashraf mamu is asking for you" anwar said as he entered my room. " yeah you go I'll come now" Amaan informed him and I watched as he left.," you had a long day, must be tired just try to sleep" he said and was about to leave. "Amaan I'm sorry i..." I trailed off unsure of what more to say to convince him. He sighed as he turned around to me. "Sameera, you need to understand that this marriage is going to happen and nothing can change it and in fact no one wants to change it if only you. Even if I wanted to avoid this marriage, I would never use it as an excuse, it's ridiculous. And what you are facing and the only thing that's happened to you is a god damn shock of that incident which is in reality nothing and you have to own it, accept the fact that it was just a next level bullying okay and I... we all are here for you" He told me patiently and he stood up to leave. "thank you" I muttered but he just simply nodded before leaving. I closed the door behind him and plopped on my bed thinking about all he had said. This was a tiring day and I need rest before I entitle the upcoming events, I thought as I closed my eyes hopefully for the better.

I got up late after a long sleep , I took a bath and chose to wear a Capri and a t-shirt since it's too hot. I feel so good maybe today's gonna be a nice day, hopefully. I got out of my room but no one was found outside which is quite strange since there are more than 32 people in this house. I checked the playroom, zara di's room, and the boys' room but it was a no show. So i headed towards the hall and the house was literally empty no kids, no cousins, no anybody. Where can more than 30 people disappear all together. Probably gone for wedding shopping, is it never ending or what. As I was heading back to my room I heard the door bell and ran fast to get it. They must have come back but this early? I opened the door to be met by a white english guy, he was quite tall, handsome to be honest and had a baggage with him. Baggage?

"yes?" I asked having no clue why he would possibly be here.

"hey...um... is this da...da..rool mansion?" he asked in his british accent.

"uh... yes" I said glancing at the big name board nailed right in front of the door which clearly reads 'darul mansion'

He followed my gaze and smirked. What why is he smirking. "oh I was just confirming dear" he said adding a wink to it. So is he trying to flirt?

"sorry to ask but what brings you hear?" I asked not so politely. "doesn't matter anymore you wanna show me out? give me a tour of delhi? We can get some coffee too" he suggested and winked at me again huh. "I would love to show you out but out of my house" I said sarcastically. "oh come on I know you think I'm handsome, just a coffee not a big deal, I know you want to" he said smirking. "I bet you don't know that if you don't leave this very moment I'll call my... uh... brother" I stammered remembering that I'm all alone at home. "okay okay why don't we cool down for a sec-"he was cut off by something behind me and I turned around to see what it was. To my surprise I saw Amaan walking in towards us from the back door but I thought no one even uses that door. "robert is that you?" he called out in excitement. What this guy is his friend?! He's robert? His best friend?

"hey"

"hey"

They did their weird bro hug and Amaan walked him into the hall while I just trailed behind them ashamed for my weird behavior to a guest. But still he was flirting with me. "hey I thought I was gonna pick you up at 7 tonight" Amaan complained and his accent too matched anna's. "a little surprise doesn't hurt" Robert replied and they did that weird hug again. "and annie..,.um she's not gonna make it untill the wedding, I don't know what is wrong with her, she's acting all weird" robert informed him and I noticed how both of them turned serious all of a sudden. I watched them for a while as silence took over the playfulness they had seconds ago. Soon Amaan turned around as if he had completely forgot about me. "rob this is...." He was cut off by robert "we've already met and I believe we'll be going on a date in an hour, what say pretty girl?" robert asked me huh again there goes the wink. I just stared at him but didn't retort as I was already guilty for misbehaving before. But guess Amaan was surprised by his friend because he didn't seem to take his plan really well. Amaan looked at me for confirmation and I think it would be fun to play along. "yeah sure, but how about we go out for dinner that'll be more date-like" I patted my eyelashes at him. I could see through the corner of my eyes that Amaan was getting infuriated by this and a victory smile appeared on my lips but how the hell am I going to escape from this date. "where are the others?" I asked Amaan. "some wedding shopping, some card distribution, some of the boys and I were working out at the backyard" he said. "oh okay um... I'll be in my room then" I excused myself and robert waved me a flirty bye-bye which I returned curtly. As I climbed up the stairs I saw Amaan glaring at robert. I slowed my pace out of curiosity but I decided not to eavesdrop. "what the hell rob?" Amaan yelled but softly probably so that I won't hear which I clearly am. "chill dude. Your cousin is hot but don't worry, no playing around. I bet she's into me, I don't even know her name and we already going on a date wow" I heard robert blabbering, gosh he is so proud of his looks. "exactly! Her name is Sameera khan, my fiancée" Amaan deadpanned and it felt so strange hearing all those words together in one sentence from his mouth. "what? Was I flirting with your wife to be?" he screeched in shock and Amaan nodded. "but that doesn't mean we can't go out on a date, she is not your wife yet just your fiancée which I had already guessed seeing the ring on her fingure" he said in sing-sang way. He knew it? He was acting all the time? I was shocked and so was Amaan but he laughed confusing me "man you never change"Amaan exclaimed and they left for the guest room. Hmm interesting.I got into my room and dialed noora's number. If he has his best pal by his side, I would too.