chapter 12. WAIT, IT'S MY WEDDING TODAY??!!

I hardly get to sleep without being disturbed by those night mares and last night was one of those few sleeps which somebody decided to just break because that someone have been knocking on my door since the past five minutes. " what?" I groaned contemplating on whether to go or to satiate my need for sleep. " at least open the door beta please" the voice became more clearer than before and I recognized it to be ammi's. " I slept late ma.... 30 minutes more" I called out with the maximum consciousness and sound I can afford at this state. "Sameera abdul khan open the door at this instance" she ordered. Ah the full name, I quickly jumped out of bed, washed my face and rushed to the door which I opened, revealing three 'not so angry angry' faces which stretched into a fishy smile as soon as they saw me. Their reactions and facial expressions were in perfect sync that it looked comical.

"what took you so long beta"

"Try to sleep earlier from now on"

"you don't want any dark circles for your wedding now do you"

"you look really tired"

" still thinks that she's a child to play around till midnight"

These were few of the greetings I received as I was pushed back till my bed by these three women who seem to be dressed up to go somewhere. " get up girl its 8 now and we are all gonna be late just because of you even thamaana and Mohamed are ready and your still in your night shorts, we'll give you 15 minutes tops. Get ready and be quick" ammi ended her lecture while I laid back on bed. " but why should I get ready?" I put the question that's been bothering me for the past 2 minutes into words. They exchanged looks before afra chachi made a face of utter shock. " you didn't forget that today is your wedding, did you?" she asked. " what?" I shouted as I jumped out of bed, completely awake. Today is my-? But the engagement isnt even done, what is happening? before anymore questions could form in my mind the trio laughed and gave high fives to each other. What this is all a joke? " let me answer your question none of us are mad and neither are you. And yes it was a joke, we are going out to purchase for your engagement tomorrow and if possible for your marriage too. So get ready fast, all are waiting just for you" ammi told me as she cupped my face and planted a kiss on my forehead. They all left my room leaving me dumfounded. Okay so I'm not getting married today which is the only thing I got from all of this. I closed the door planning on how to get everything done. God this is going to be one hell of a day.

" I've already told you guys I've no special interest in this and I don't wanna do it. Moreover I hate shopping. Buy whatever you guys think is the best. Its not like my opinion counts" I muttered the last part more to myself. " its your wedding. What if you don't like what we are buying?" aisha di asked. "I promise I wont complain, you guys know me and we already have a professional fashion designer so what can go wrong?" I said pointing to Zara di. " if she is not interested its okay na bapu, hai na ma. Its not a ritual and we have the shopaholics here to help us with Sameera's costumes. Moreover we have to purchase clothes for everyone, it'll take time and she'll be tired" sulekha mami told her parents and they nodded. " great since we just have to shop for ourselves and the 'dulhe raja' we'll finish it off soon so she can hangout with us. In that way we'll get some time with her before she flies off to London." Sameer bhai said as he hung his hand around my shoulder. " chalo teek hai phir. Anyways hum logon ka tho bohuth time lagega tho..... par samay par wapis ana" dadi told us and we dramatically saluted her and they laughed at how we are still the same. "until we are done, why don't you spend some time with them, they'll feel good that you show some interest. Just come to the reception when I call you. Now be a good girl" sameer bhayya instructed as he pulled me to the side and I gave him a convincing smile as he left with the others. I turned to see everyone already enjoying finding my perfect dress. I just wish things turn out to be good as everyone says it will.

"I thought you said it won't take much time" I complained as I saw the men approaching me. "hey isn't two hours less time for 12 handsome guys?" samar bhai asked trying to sound offended. "we took almost 45 minutes to find all the different out fits for your husband to be over here" anfas jiju said pointing towards Amaan whom I surprisingly noticed for the first time today. He was busy with someone on his phone and I watched how happily he was talking, his dimples being revealed every time he laughs. "-anas just couldn't figure it out and we ended up taking two shirts for him" I heard jiju's voice as i zoned back in. "so you guys didn't purchase for the older men?" I asked. "nope we were only to finish the kid section which we just did and we are free for the rest of the day" adil jiju cheered.

" so whats the plan ?"

"bahubali 2?" I asked armaan jiju. "yeah dont tell me you dont wanna see it and this theater is the only one with seats that I'm sure will be sold out if we don't hurry" jiju huffed as he was still tired from running to all the counters. "yeah we'll take that" ali bhai said as he ran to buy tickets along with armaan jiju. " now lets know why kattapa killed bahubali" I heard Amaan telling ameen inturn earning some punch and I laughed as yesterday's memories came to my mind. " 4 boys come along with me, we need to get the chows. And the rest stay right here we'll all go together" samar bhayya said and he left along with anas, anwar, Mohamed, ameen. The rest of us just stayed there, anfas jiju and Amaan talking about zara di, sameer bhai and adil jiju about jiju's new business so maybe I should be talking to amar about......his studies perhaps. "so amar.... How's life in US?" I asked him. "seriously Sameera? You asked that on the first day too." He pointed out clearly irritated by the formal talks we've been having since the beginning of the vacation. "of course..... sorry yaar, I know I've been acting a bit weird it's just that I'm a bit stressed and all this is too much to be cool with." I confessed to him. "it's okay buddy, problem solved aur thu tension math le, just go with the flow" he told me as he wrapped his hands around my shoulder. I missed this, I didn't realize how much I'm hurting others until now. We were always so close right from the beginning considering we are almost the same age and I didn't even talk to him properly since we met. Same must be the case with others, I should start being my old self. "okay the show is about to start" arman jiju announced as he hurried towards us with the others carrying a huge amount of food and drinks. Are they gonna stay here forever?

30 minutes into the movie and I'm already getting bored. I was feeling very sleepy mainly because of my lack of sleep. I looked to my either side to find everybody stuffing their mouths as their eyes was glued to the big screen. I'm on the exact center of the row with 6 boys on either side, 'being protected in a movie theater, in Delhi from any perturbations' as they like to put it. "can you pass me that coke?" Amaan whispered next to me as he canceled the call he had been receiving since a couple of minutes now. "can you throw that thing away I can't focus on my movie" I sneered as I handed the coke to him which a snatched from my nearest neighbor, anas. The movie was least of my concern but still it's always fun to irk him. "I'm trying okay! Unlike you I've got important works and calls that I can't miss, but sadly buffoons like you never understands" he countered but in frustration maybe due to the call. "cut it down will you we are trying to watch a movie" some people from the nearest row shouted at as and we decided it would be better to bear each other than get thrown out of here.As the movie got interesting I watched it with full attention and by intermission I almost finished a packet of pop corn, which is the first thing I ate today. " I'll be back need to use the washroom" I informed them softly making sure the other people don't listen. " wait, don't go alone? I'll come with you?" sameer bhai said. "to the girl's toilet? Bhai I'm not a kid, the movie will begin soon, bye" I told him as I started to swim through the defense wall. " I'm going out to make a call, I'll keep an eye on her" I heard Amaan saying and I turned around to see him following. Come on now, seriously? Don't I even get to go to toilet on my own. At times it sucks to have older brothers, even sisters don't help in this case. It sucks to be the younger one . Though Amaan was following me, he was totally in his own world talking on the phone. He should get married to his phone and not me, not that I'm jealous.

The movie must start any minute now and I couldn't find Amaan anywhere around. " whoa whoa whoa look who we have here?" a familiar voice which made my mouth dry in horror, I slowly turned around to come face to face with the man I've been dreading to meet.....