Chapter 15

I am waking up from the long night. I slept in this hole that I found in this huge tree. It is big enough to fit a dining table which was big enough for me. 

I grab my bag and crawl out. I get onto my feet a stretch. I continue walking with my trail. I opened another box of cereal, this time fruity pebbles. I feel awfully weird about today. Something bad is going to happen, but it could just be my paranoia again. 

-=+=- 

I check my watch that Grayson left in his bag. 7 hours has passed by since I have woken up. I stopped already to eat from fruit and to hydrate. This box of cereal is ending. I open my bag and pull out another box. I kneel on my knees and open this box. I unzip my bag and get back up. I stumble onto my feet and stop. 

I am not alone. I look behind me and see men in the distance looking around. I quickly hide behind a tree. 

"Over here," one man says. I can hear him running towards me. I look pass the tree and see the men making their way towards me. 

I bolt away sprinting as fast as I can away from them. My heart is racing so fast. At any minute these guys can shoot me down and kill me. I need to be more brave. 

I grab and gun from my back and turn around ready to shoot. They are gone. Probably ready for a sneak attack. There might be more men out there. I turn around with the gun in my hands probably making a fool out of myself. 

I get tackled from behind. I drop my gun out in front of myself. I kick and push but he wont grudge. I can feel a pistol placed on the back of my head. It is all over for me. 

"I knew you were alive," the man says to me. "You're not the smartest, leaving a trail and a letter for a guy who is dead." 

"I didn't think you would be smart enough to figure out that I was still alive asshole," I say back ruining my chances of staying alive. I look up and see more men surrounding me. One on my back, and three in front. 

"I didn't think you would be dumb enough to leave a trail for us to follow you," he says back. How could I have been so dumb. 

He gets off my back and kicks me which turns me around. I grunt and place my hands on the part where he kicked me. He looks down at me pointing a gun at me, a different gun. 

"For manipulating a leader to assist you and for running away, we must bring you back to Sonia. You declined her offer and now you must meet your consequences. No one can pass by her," he says to me. 

"Do you have family left?" I ask him softly looking in straight in his eyes. I do not know why I even asked this but I did. 

"SHUT UP PRICK!" 

"Kids? A partner? Your parents?" 

"I will kill you," he says to me. 

"No you won't," I say back smiling. "If you bring me back dead she will hurt your family right?"

He does not respond to me. 

"I have a nephew," I continue to say. "He is in the other Section and I just wanted to meet up with him again. I just want to be with him again." 

Silence fills the air. Sonia has something on all these men and I know it. 

"Take her boys," the man with the gun says. All the men around me grab me just like the other men grabbed Grayson, one for each limb. I don't fight back because I know that their vehicle is probably far from here which gives me more time to influence them to let me go. 

"Grayson wanted to see his twin brother. Imagine being separated from your twin, someone who grew up with. Someone you shared your entire life with." 

None of them are looking at me. 

"Where are your family members? We can help each other and we can run away to their Sections." 

One again, silence fills the air.

"Hey, you know I can walk myself. Y'all can let me.." 

"SHUT UP!" One man says. 

"Who does she have? Your sister? Brother? Wife? Husband?.."

"My little girl," another man says. "She took my princess." 

"Joseph man shut the fuck up," another man says. I look at Joseph who has my right leg. He looks pretty young, maybe 23 years old. 

"What about her mother?" I ask invading his privacy. 

"She is with her. They have each other but if I don't bring you back Sonia said.."

"SONIA DIDN'T SAY SHIT MATE," another man says. 

I look up and the men holding my arms. I can see a little ear plug in their ears. I look down at the men holding my legs and see the same ear piece. 

Sonia is listening in. She can hear what they are saying. I have to change the game now.