Chapter 23

"I am glad you made it."

"Fuck off Nicholas."

"Excuse me?"

 I bury my face in my hands in the sight of this. 

"You're one of them," I whispered.

"Danielle I know all the things you have gone through and your opinions on H.O.P.E but I assure you that things are different here." 

"You just shot three men. Tell me how you're different." 

"We shot them because they were Sonia's workers. We killed her as well."

"Liar," I whisper to him. 

"I can assure you I'm not lying," he says.

"LOOK AROUND NICK!" I yell getting out of my seat. "LOOK AT THIS PLACE! YOU MADE YOURSELF A FUCKING KING!" 

"Danielle listen to me," he says. I wipe the tears off my eyes. 

"No you need to fucking listen," I say. 

I step back at the what I am starting to realize. 

"You knew this whole time didn't you," I whispered. 

No response. 

"YOU KNEW THIS WHOLE TIME THAT ALL OF THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND YOU DIDN'T WARN ME!? YOU DIDN'T EVEN WARN YOUR SON?!"

I grab the chair and place it right in front of his desk. I sit in it and lean towards him. 

"You know what Dominic told me on his 7th birthday. He said that he missed his dad and he cried. He cried on his birthday because he missed you," I say poking his shoulder. "Here you are sitting all dandy while he was over there learning how to shoot guns and plant explosives." 

I get out of my seat and walk to the back of the room. 

"Did you even see him yet?"

"I am not ready too," he says to me. 

"Fuck off," I say. "Not ready too see your own son but here you are talking to me after you killed Grayson right beside me. After you left me while you knew this was all going to happen." 

I lean again his cabinet. 

"That's why you wanted me to babysit Dominic that day huh? That was why?"

"Danielle you're not letting me talk," he says. 

"What is there for you to say?" I ask. "Right now nothing you say will take change the fact that you're a fucking coward and a fucking snake. I am disgusted to be your sister."

He looks at me in silence. I shake my head at him. 

"Where is Dominic?" I ask him. He remains quiet. 

I walk over to his desk and slam his desk. 

"WHERE IS DOMINIC?!"

"Elizabeth should still be outside," he says breaking eye contact with me. "She will take you to him, just ask." 

I back away from his desk and towards the door. 

"It was nice talking to you again Nick," I say sarcastically. "Hopefully we can hash this out another time. 

I walk out and find Elizabeth standing where I left her. 

"That talked went much better than planned," she says. 

"Where is Dominic?" 

"Follow me. I will take you to him."

"Can you just tell me? I can go there myself." 

"Sadly, I cannot do that as much as I would want to leave you alone. It was assigned to me to watch over you because you are unpredictable and your actions-"

"Just take me then," I say cutting her off. 

I follow her down the hallway keeping it quiet this time around. We take random turns along the way to get to Dominic. 

"Here we are," she says gesturing to the room in front of us. "Since he is 7 years old he should be in here." 

"Seven if you count the frozen days," I say. 

I open the door and walk in. I walk into a proper classroom with children all Dominic's age learning something proper. I am shocked by just being in here. 

Seeing all the desk and all the children gathered on the mat in the front of the classroom. 

"Excuse me," the teacher says to me. "Am I ask why you're here?" 

"DD!" Dominic shouts. 

I watch as he gets up and runs to me. My heart drops at the sight of him and I drop to my knees. I open my arms of a hug and he jumps into my arms. 

In this moment I was able to experience happiness once again.