Chapter 16

It starts to get dark and the vehicle is still a while away... for some reason. 

"We should settle and rest," one man says.

"Oh, so she can escape," another one says.

"We can tie her up to a tree and take turns watching her," the other man says again. 

After a while of talking it over they all agreed to sleep even just for a little bit. A man with a more gentle face pins me up against the tree and ties a rope around me. I decide not to fight back. Joseph helps him tie me up. 

They finish and now I am completely stuck on this tree standing up. 

"So, anyone want to play 21 questions so we can get to know one another?" I say with sarcasm. "We should at least learn more about each other since we will be together for a while."

"Darling," one of the men say. "No one here cares about you or your little life stories"

"GASP!" I say dramatically. "Aww someone here is a little grumpy." I put on a sad pouty face. 

"HEY YO SHUT UP!" He walks up to me. He stand tall and tough about two feet away from me. "Whatever you say here on out will make your consequences worse." 

"Sweetheart," I say smirking at him. "We all know that I will die once I am in Sonia's presences... I am not stupid. Who know who is stupid, you." I continue to smirk making him upset. 

"Excuse me," he says raising his eyebrows in shock. 

"What did Sonia say to convince you that she is only doing you good. Let me guess? You'll see you family again? Hmmm how many times have she told you this? How many promises has she kept?" 

The man punches me in the stomach. I drop my head in pain. I cannot move since I am tied up. 

"You killed so many kids back there you heartless prick," I say angrily now. "She told you to do it and you did like her little bitch." 

I slowly lift my head to look up at him and I watch him pull out a gun. He points it directly at me. I trigger away from death. 

"I can kill you right now," he says. 

"Why would you do that? Can't handle the truth?" 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He yells spitting on my face. 

"I know you won't kill me and you can't because if you do, your loved ones will die as well," I say. The man lowers his gun and his eyes start to tear up. I know that these guys are bad people, but they are not evil. 

"Did you watch Grayson die?" I say.

Silence. 

"His brother is waiting on him. He will be heartbroken to find out that he is dead." 

Silence once again. 

"My friend Hunter was murdered back there." I start to tear up thinking of closest friend. "You guys probably know who he is since he had one of the most impressive scoring in the whole Section but you just had to kill all of them right? It was the best thing to do right? Kill?" 

No one is talking back to me. 

"So you men don't know what to say huh? ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY?!" 

"There is still hope for you," Joseph says. 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP JOSEPH!" Another man yells. 

"I am not sure if you heard or if you saw the explosion," he says getting up from his feet. "He killed them all!" 

"Who killed who Joseph?!" I yell back him. I saw black smoke earlier and heard the explosion. Is that what he is talking about? 

All the men stop and look at one another. They look like they are listening to their hearing pieces. Joseph's eyes widen in fear. 

"My daughter's name is Evelyn Foster and she is in the Section you are heading to," Joseph says quickly. All the men grab their guns and point them at him. 

"STOP! DON'T DO THIS?" I scream as loud as I can. My eyes fill with tears from fear. "PUT IT DOWN!"

"Grayson is alive and he is -"

The sound of guns going off fills the woods. I watch everything go down.