Chapter 20

My heart starts to race listening to the sound of Grayson's twin brother. I can see tears starting to form in Grayson's eyes. 

"Ethan?" Graysons says into the walky talky with pain in his voice. 

*You aren't safe there Grayson. You need to come to my Section as soon as possible*

Grayson looks at me and whispers, "this isn't him." 

"What do you mean?" I say to him. I think about it and quickly point my gun back at the two men in front of us. 

"It's him speaking but he I know he wouldn't say those words. It's like someone is telling him to say those things..." Grayson says as he slowly lifts the walky talky back to his face. 

"Who is with you right now Ethan?"

*..... I am alone* 

"So, what is the plan?"

*You need to get here asap... and bring the girl*

Grayson looks at me and I look back at him not moving the gun. 

*She is important* 

"Speak up... now!" I say to the two men in front of us. 

"Listen. We had that walky talky for a long time now and we thought it was broken until he came on the line and demanded for Grayson," one of the men say. 

"There is something bigger going on right now and you two are not saying it. I know you know," I say. 

"I promise, we don't know what is going on. All we were assigned to do was bring you back to our Section," he says back. 

*The two men that were holding this walky talky before they gave it to you.... they have to come too* 

"Ethan what is happening?" Grayson asks. 

*.... Grayson think bro. Think about it.* 

We can hear ruffles behind the walky talky. 

"Ethan?!" Grayson yells into the walky talky. 

*GRAYSON!* 

"ETHAN!" He yells. "ETHAN!"

No response. 

I keep my gun pointed at the two men in front of us. Grayson walks over to me and lowers my gun. 

"They have to stay alive," Grayson says quietly. "I guess... I guess we are a team now." 

"Fuck," on of the men whisper. 

"You think this is what we wanted too. I was hoping never to see you two ever again," I said to both of them. "At least now I can remind you about how you murdered Joseph." 

I start to slowly walk over to them. 

"..and when we see him little daughter I hope you're dark hearts start to realize all the harm you have caused. She will grow up without a -" 

"Danielle enough," Grayson says. 

I stop walking and I bow my head. 

"I know you're upset. We have all done things we did not mean to do. They only did it to protect their families." 

"I told them back there that-"

"I know Danielle, but they were still scared. Fear can do a lot to someone," he says walking over to me. He grabs my hands and smiles. 

"Anyways, the guy on the left, his name is Zach. The one on the right is Francis."

I look over to them and let go of Grayson's hands. I stick my hand out waiting for a handshake. They both shake my hand and we stand there in silence. 

"Okay so we are almost there. If we walk fast enough we can get there right after sunrise," Grayson says. 

"But Grayson," I say. "Do you think it is safe to go? Ethan was obviously hurt."

"That gives us more of a reason to go there," he says. "I need to be there with him and we all have family there. We just have to be extra cautious." 

"Okay," I say pushing out a smile.

We continue to walk through the forest in looks for the Section. In no time we will be there. I can feel it. 

I can't wait to see Dominic again.