Chapter 26

I have been crawling for a while decided whether to turn left or right. I wonder if Elizabeth has found out that I am no longer in the washroom. Does she even care? 

I look down vent holes as I crawl by. So far I have seen men and woman in all black just walking around. I heard pure laughter out of joy and happiness which is a sound I haven't heard in a while, a sound I was getting used to not hearing. 

I see a vent hole up ahead. I crawl towards it and peak through. 

It is a room with body bags. 

I get a rough feeling in my stomach but I know this is what I wanted to find out. I take a deep breath and start pushing down on vent cage. It is not enough. I look down to make sure no one is around to hear what I am about to do. 

The coast is clear. I sit back and arch my legs up, then down kicking it off. It takes seven kicks to free it. 

When it hits the ground it makes a loud crashing sound. I stay up here to make sure no one comes into this room. I wait for about two minutes until I jump in. 

I dangle my legs first and hang off my arms. I take a leap of faith and land on my feet. 

There are three body bags laid down beside one another on top of metal carts. One of the bags is too flat to contain a body. 

I go up to the first bag. I thought I would be ready but this is too much to take in. I don't have clear memory on where the two other men were shot so I don't know if they would have a chance of living. 

Grayson was shot on the side of his stomach. It could have been worse. 

I take another deep breath and unzip the first bag slowly revealing the face first. I keep my eyes open even though I want to keep them shut. 

It's not Grayson. 

It was Francis. 

I close the bag back up and wipe my tear. I check the tag and it says, 

"Francis Greenwood."

 Only his name, nothing else. 

For the next bag all I have to do is check the tag. 

I slowly walk over to the second bag. I grab the name tag and leave it in my hand. 

I need to be prepared to see Grayson's name. I saw him get shot and I saw the situation he was in. If it is him, he isn't in anymore pain and everything I do after will be to get vengeance for him. 

I flip the name tag and I look down at it. 

"Zachary Zambo."

 I take a breathe in from relief. I know it is horrible to be glad that it isn't Grayson considering that Zach also has a family out there but Grayson means so much more to me right now. 

I look at the next bag and see a name tag dangling from it. I run over and look at it. 

"Grayson Dolan." 

How come his name is on this tag and he isn't in here? Does this mean he is alive? If so, does that mean he is most likely going to die. 

Loud alarms go off which nearly give me a heart attack. I look around and red lights are flashing everywhere. I need to hide quickly. 

I see medical scrubs and and face mask hanging on the wall. I run to it and quickly put it on top of my current wear. I tie my hair up into a bun and put the face mask on. I find gloves and put them on as well. 

I run back to the vent cage thing and hide that behind one of the cabinets. I then run out of the room. 

I enter a unfamiliar hallway. I walk down it peaking at every room window I pass. Everyone I pass is walking in the opposite direction of me. 

"What is happening?" One guy asks. 

I get startled and shrug indicating that I didn't know. 

"You didn't hear, the girl is on the loose. She can be anyone and we need to head to safety and let the defense department take care of it," a woman says. "You need to head back." 

I look at her and she puts her arm around me and brings me along with her. I try not to look at her too long because I have no idea if they know how I look like. I am assuming "this girl" they are talking about it me. 

"Where's your badge?" she asks me. 

I get scared of loosing my cover. I look down at my chest and pat my pockets on my pants. 

"I forget it," I say. 

"It's alright we need to go."

"No, I have to go get it. I will meet up with you guys," I say as I turn around and sprint in the opposite direction. 

Leaving the two strangers behind I run towards many more. I try my hardest not to bring too much attention to myself as I sprint down this hall. I still manage to peak through every window. 

At this point, every room has a person strapped up to medical things. I have passed every worker here and now I am alone in this hall. I am surprised at how many people are in need of a medical room. I take my time looking at the name printed on each door as I walk by. 

David Soleto

Cristina Lopez

Ryan Richards

Grayson Dolan 

I stop walking and I stare at the his name. My heart drops. 

I see him. I see Grayson.