Chapter 34

"And how will this help us?" I ask after Ethan tells us the request.

"Danielle just listen," Grayson says. 

"People around here will trust you two a lot more. It doesn't matter whether you two trust them, you just need to build your credit around here," Ethan says. 

"That's ironic," I say. "I don't even want to be here and all of a sudden I have to earn credit and-"

"Where else could we be?" Grayson says cutting me off. "Dominic has a good chance of building a hopeful future here. This place isn't for the damaged like you and I.... it's for the future." 

I sit on my bed in silence. Grayson is right, but I don't want to agree because I do not want to feel like I am giving in. 

"Danielle, look at me," Grayson says. 

I look up at him and watch him as he walks towards me. He kneels in front of me and grabs my hands. 

"We are in this together okay. From the start to the end of it all." 

"I trust you Grayson," I say letting go of his hands. "I not just here for the future of it all though. I'm here to find a cure." 

"How?" Ethan says. 

"There was a lot of people who knew about the Freeze before it even happened. Those are the people who will have the most answers... but no one is asking them the right questions." 

The room is silenced after what I just said... as if it was a revolutionary statement. It is pretty clear that the people in power know the most since they are the ones that knew about the freeze before anyone else. 

"I am assuming you have questions then," Ethan says. 

I look over at him and I can tell he knows the answer to his questions. 

"I'll take you to Mr.Banks," he says.