Chapter 2

Picture of Aiden

Aiden's P.O.V

That smart mouth little piece of shit was really starting to piss my off.

I hated a lot of people that have managed to cross my path and lived, the list was never ending, but this guy. This guy, he took first place. He just had to open his mouth and you knew some sort of bullshit would come out.
I mean I get it, you're smart, you read the dictionary before you go to bed, you can't kill a fucking bunny, but God damn it that doesn't mean you act like a grade A jackass every single day.

"What the hell!" A voice says as I run into someone, sending them straight to the ground.

"Sorry Emitt." I say offering a hand which he gladly accepts as he stands to his feet.

"Let me guess, Julian." I growl at mention of that bastard. "Okay, how about you forget him and let's head to class." He says pushing me towards the biology labs.

"I hate biology." I grumble as he we enter the empty classroom, there were still a few minutes left in lunch so obviously no one else was here.

"If you hate biology so much, why is it the only subject you get straight A's in?" He asks folding his arms as I sat in my usual seat in the back of the class. "The sciences are like your bitch, yet you hate them all."

"It is what it is." I say with a shrug that makes him sigh as he plops down in the seat beside me. "The coronation's in a few days bro, it's going to be amazing!" I say shaking his shoulders vigorously.

"Cool down Incredible Hulk." He says shrugging me off making me frown. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy too, but I'm more worried about the bloodshed that will take place. You and Julian together on a day like that, it has catastrophic written all over it." He says with a nervous laugh while scratching the back of his head. "My first day as a beta and it'll be drowned in your blood."

"Stop being so dramatic, it won't be that bad." I say making him frown as his peeks at me through his hands.

"Why are you so calm about this?" He asks with narrowed eyes, "what the hell are you planning?!"

"Nothing!" I say truthfully, "I'm trying the optimistic approach, ma said if I tried a lighter approach on life I would probably be more relaxed."

"One could hope." Emitt mutters as the bell rang, not long after other students flooded the classroom, including a certain long, haired rodent.

It was the only class we had together and I thanked the Moon Goddess everyday that he sucked at all things science related. I used every single available opportunity to rub it into his face how great I was at the one thing he seemed to be bad at, it was the best feeling ever to feel that glare in the side of my face after I answered every question correctly and even answered the ones he asked the teacher. I knew his proud brain couldn't take it, so of course I did it all the time.

"Group projects everyone!" My teacher announces making the class erupt in groans, mine being the loudest. "Stop your whining it's giving me a headache, I'll be fair, you'll work in pairs. Come to the front and pick your numbers, who ever has the same number as you is your partner."

I wait until everyone has gotten their own before going for mine, number eight. I search around the room asking for a number eight, who slowly seemed to be non-existent. The pompous idiot was asking Mrs. Maxine to exchange numbers but I didn't care enough to continue listening as I continued to look around. When I realised that just about everyone was paired up, I headed back to the front desk a little frustrated at the amount of time I wasted.