Chapter 21

Julian's P.O.V

"Beckett this is basic math, the answer is three thousand and sixty two." I say in exhaustion, I've been trying to help him with his homework for the past hour but nothing seemed to get through to him.

"Nothing about math is basic, it's a lie the system feeds to us. Ask yourself Julian, what is x really? What the hell are we finding? I'm telling you, these aren't answers, we're calculating some shit to build a nuclear bomb. I can't be expected to build a fucking bomb, I'm in high school." He finishes crossing his arms seriously, I narrow my eyes as I watch him in complete disbelief and confusion.

"I'll just do it." I say in defeat as I start answering the ones he could probably do if he applied himself more.

"If you want to build a bomb, go ahead." He says with a shrug as he starting playing a game on his phone. I finish the work quickly before handing it back to him and picking up the book I was reading.

"Got any plans after school, I need someone to take me to collect my bike." Isabel says as she struts into the library, completely ignoring the librarian's shushes.

"What happened to your bike?" I ask as she pulls up a chair to the table we were sitting at.

"I crashed it." She says with a shrug.

"And you're still alive?" Beckett asks with wide eyes.

"Werewolf, remember?"

"I can't, I have to check on the construction site with Aiden." I say apologetically.

"I'll do it." Beckett says glancing up from his phone for a brief moment. "But you'd have to wait until after Emitt and I get food."

"No problem." She says with a smile as I gather my things.

"I'm going to find Aiden." I say before leaving them and heading to the cafeteria where he always went during free periods. I find him in the kitchen talking one of the cooks into making him some special burger for lunch. I wait until he finishes since last time I interrupted he almost ripped my head off. 

"Hey." He says with a bright smile that told me he got her to make it.

"Hi." I reply returning the smile that was easily contagious. "What classes do you have after lunch?"

"Biology and P.E. with you, why?" He asks with a slight frown.

"I'm excused from P.E, I'll be leaving after Biology just wanted to let you know." I reply, I stop walking when he does, his face clearly drowning in thought. "It's private so don't ask."

"Okay.."

"I'll meet you at the construction sight at about four." I say quickly making him nod slightly, his eyes still studying me behind his shades.

"Don't worry I'll be fine, not like I do anything in P.E. anyway." I say making him smile slightly.

"Never thought I could be with someone who hates the best subject there is." He replies making me roll my eyes.

"It's not a real subject, it's a double period given to exhaust us of our energy and to allow teachers to have a midday snack in their lounge." I say making him laugh loudly, his laughter echoing through the halls.

"Conspiracy theories." He says before kissing my forehead, then the tip of my nose and finally my lips. Thankfully the halls were deserted, I wasn't big on being intimate in public but these days just the feeling of his finger grazing my skin sent me ablaze. I knew it was the hunger our wolves felt for each other, both desperate to mate, but it was something we seemed to be dancing around carefully. That didn't stop the fact that I now felt this almost painful desire to sink my canines into his awaiting skin. When he bit my lip I knew it drew blood, we were more aggressive nowadays, wanting each other and nothing else. I opened my mouth willingly allowing him to dive straight in as he attacked me mercilessly, I let my hands slide under his shirt as I smash him into a locker, using my body holding his own in place. He moans slightly into my mouth when my fingers brush over his nipples, I smile against his lips in satisfaction at the beautiful sound that he made because of me. Not surprisingly his hands find their way onto my ass, the feeling making me instantly melt as I stifle a moan.