Chapter 6

Aiden's P.O.V

My eyes slowly flicker open as I gradually wake up from my amazing slumber. I slept through the entire night, without a single night terror. It was as if I was in an eternal state of rest that felt beyond incredible. My eyes search around the bright room, the birds chirping outside told me it wasn't too late. I could afford to sleep in for once, especially after all the bullshit that happened yesterday with Julian.

Wait a minute, where the fuck is Julian!

I'm about to jump out of my bed when I feel something brush my skin lightly. My eyes trail down to find Julian's head tucked into the side of my neck with his body wrapped around me like parasitic vines. My eyes widen in shock as I stare down at the position we were in, my arm was around his waist while his hands were resting on my bare chest and his legs were tangled with my own as he slept against me comfortably.

What the hell is going on?

Looking at him, his usually permanent frown isn't there as he sleeps peacefully, he almost looked angelic with this new, relaxed expression.
I try to make a few moves to pull away but he'd just bring us together more and more until there was absolutely no space between us. Sighing in defeat I decide to wait for him to wake up, I didn't want to wake him up, I wasn't a monster.
I try to relax but fail as his warm breath tickles the side of my neck sending every single cell in my being, mad. His hand moves gently across my chest making me shiver slightly, my reaction made him snuggle into me more as his nose buried itself in my neck.
My breathing became jagged as I regrettably enjoyed his unconscious attack on my body. I shouldn't enjoy it, I didn't want to, he was an annoying brat who I've imagined killing more times than I could count. Yet here I was allowing him to cuddle into my side, I was falling way to easily to the mate bullshit, I don't think I was even trying to not like it.

"Get off of me." I say shoving him away from me, I put a bit to much power in it sending him straight off the bed and onto the ground. An agonizing streak of pain and guilt fligh through my body when I see him land on his back with a soft cry in pain. Rushing out the bed I go to touch him but he slaps my hand away as he looks up at me through his long, golden locks with a glare of loathing.

"Don't touch me." His voice was too calm, I would be lying if I said it didn't scare me a little. My wolf growled at me for making our mate angry at us and was even more upset for hurting him, I go to help him stand but he does so ignoring my hand as he rubs his surely aching back.

"Sorry." I say guiltily as he walks around me and heads towards the bathroom.

"Whatever." He goes to slam the door but stops himself, he leaves it slightly open instead. I hear the shower water running not to long after, I sit at the edge of my bed feeling beyond horrible for hurting Julian. He didn't even do anything, he was just sleeping and I reacted likes a fool. I must have gotten lost in thought because before I know it he was walking out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.
My heart beat comes to a halt as I stare at his muscularly toned body that had multiple streams of water running down his faint abs. Slowly my eyes find their way up to his face where he was drying his hair with a smaller towel.

"You can go ahead." He mumbles not even looking my way. I sigh before going into the steaming bathroom with some clothes, I don't waste any time stepping into the shower soaking in the warm water. I couldn't even enjoy my bath because the image of Julian's face after I shoved him off the bed, kept replaying in my head.
I felt even worse after we made a little progressed yesterday, it was more than we ever did in the last eighteen years We actually had a good time or at least I did, we were actually laughing and not arguing 100% of the time. Then I went and fucked it up, getting dressed, I quickly make my way outside in hopes to resolve this so we can return to hating each other the usual way we did.