Chapter 28

Aiden's P.O.V

"There's more?!" I exclaim as we get into the car.

"Well obviously." Julian replies pulling out of the car park for the Bungee jumping. "Some stuff got put back until tomorrow, because someone wanted to go with the flow."

"I make no apologies." I retort making him roll his eyes.

"We're going back to the hotel for lunch though." He informs as he speeds down the highway. "What you want to each today?"

"Why don't you pick something?" I say watching him with worried eyes. He's been doing things so much since we left home to please me that he was forgetting about himself.

"No, this is for y-"

"Us." I interject. "It's for both of us, so you pick where you'd like to eat."

"Okay."

-----

"I take it back. I take it the fuck back. I want to go to Popeyes!" I exclaim as I look around the room filled with plants everywhere and a one hundred percent vegetarian menu.

"Too late." He replies making me frown angrily.

"Julian, everything here sounds weird." I complain as I flip through the menu. "Look, a Double Barley Posole, like if doubling the barley makes up for the fact that there's no meat and what the fuck is a posole, sounds like a Spanish dance."

"Aiden shut up." He warns even though a smile was slowly appearing on his face.

"Eggplant Parmesan, that doesn't even sound right." I continue making him struggle to swallow a laugh. "Roasted Broccolini and Red Pepper Garlic Frittata...... that actually sounds pretty nice I think I'll try it. What's Broccolini though, is that like vegetarian broccoli? Isn't broccoli already a vegetable?" I ask making him laugh loudly as many heads turn our way but he didn't seem to notice seeming unable to stop.

"Hmm." I hum while he tries settling himself as I sip my water keeping my eyes trained on a smiling Julian.
After ordering we continue to talk as we quickly become the loudest people in the restaurant or at least he does as I take on the task to make him laugh as much as physically possible. 
"N-no more." He stutters clenching his stomach as he doubles over the table.

"I love that laugh." I confess watching him with my face in my hands. "So much." I finish as I brush the hair out of his eyes. He gives me a small smile as the food arrives making my hand retreat, these days he was smiling so much. I loved it, it made me happier to see him laugh so much.

"A frittata is just a thin crust of pizza with vegetables on top." I declare when I finish my forth one. "Another!"

"No more Thor." He says giggling a bit as he wipes his mouth with the small hand towel before signaling for the waiter to give me the bill. "The day's almost done isn't it."

"Yeah, went by in a flash." I reply looking out the restaurant window at the afternoon sun lit sky.

"I think we can squeeze in one more for the day." He says before laying down some cash on the table, I nod as we stand and leave hand in hand.

---

"I'll take you anywhere, anywhere!" I sing along to one of my favorite songs that was sadly forgotten and from the eighties. "I'll buy you diamonds, give you rings. I'll give you anything, anything!" I continue drumming with my hands across the dashboard, singing so loudly our neighboring drivers cheer me along.
Julian remains quiet as he smiles to himself, allowing me to have my little jam session in peace as we make our way down the highway.