Chapter 8

Aiden's P.O.V

Waking up at four am was not how I was hoping to start the day. Feeling Julian's body entangled with my own made me even more reluctant to leave my bed, it felt so good to have him so close and I didn't want to leave.
The elders told us yesterday that the whole separation, door bullshit was temporary, apparently they saw it on a few rare occasions and it usually only lasted a few hours. Which meant I was free to leave Julian and go exploring without my lungs collapsing.
I slowly remove myself from Julian's body, making sure not to wake him up. As soon as I'm out of his grasp, he frowns as he starts whining lowly and moving around a little.

"Shit." I mutter as I bend down to hold his sleeping face in my hands while I brushed his hair away. "Sshhh, I'm just going out for a bit, I'll be fine." I whisper soothingly, eventually he calms down and relaxes again. Not bothering to dress I leave Julian and head to the entrance of the forest where I'd be meeting the others.

"Good morning!" I say as I approach the large group that was surely made of more than fifty, they were men and women who looked just as tired as I was. "Thanks for coming out, let's just get this over with quickly. I'll separate you guys into three groups so we can cover the entire space. You are just scouting today, I want to know where the land is densest and any signs of another wolf pack or rogues. Team A you go through the left side, B you're with me because that's the largest section and C the right. Does everybody understand?"

"Yes Alpha!"

"Jerry, you lead Team A and Antony, Julian put in a good word, you lead Team C. We regroup at five. I don't have a link with the members of The Blood Moon Pack but they're members of my pack in each of the teams so talk to them. Listen to your Team leaders, stay safe, keep you're ears up and work together." I say before shifting into my wolf and running in the direction of the land I'd be covering. I hear the scampering of the wolves behind me as they struggled to catch up with me.

I really needed this - My wolf Maximum stretches as we run together.

Me too, sorry to keep you locked up. Things have been....different.

You mean with Julian being our mate? After eighteen years of me begging you to slit his throat now all I want to do is kiss it. Yeah, things have been different. We laugh in agreement as I continue running.

------

"Is everyone back?" I call my eyes tracing over the exhausted wolves, some hadn't even changed back.

"Yes Alpha." Jerry says as I count up the people to be sure, everyone was there and it was five meaning I could sleep for an hour or two before school.

"Go home and rest, Julian will take reports from the team leaders later. Thank you for helping and working together so efficiently." I say with a smile that they all return. Saying our goodbyes I head back to the pack house my body ready to give out.
When I enter the suite, Julian's scent invades my nose giving me a little energy as I drag myself to the bedroom. I climb into the bed quietly, letting out a breath of exhaustion. Sure enough, Julian doesn't waste a second reattaching himself to me. I smile to myself, pulling him closer as I fall asleep instantly.

-----

"Aiden. Aiden, wake up." Julian's voice breaks through my slumber as I slowly open my eyes to find him standing over me. "I know you're tired, but you have to wake up."

"No." I say turning over as I slowly start to drift away.

"Aiden." Julian say ripping the sheet away from me. "I already did everything, you just have to go bath."

"Julian, I'm tired." I say peeking over my shoulder to find him smiling softly.

"I know." He replies rubbing my shoulder, with a groan I pull myself out of the bed and head to the bathroom. After showering I find some clothes already laid out for me along with my shades, putting them on quickly I grab my already packed bag and head to the kitchen.

"Woah!" I say when I spot a plate filled with pancakes, sausages, hash browns and eggs. "Is that all for me?"

"Yeah." Julian says as he drifts around the kitchen cleaning up the dishes.

"Thanks." I say eating quickly as I looked at him dance around the space. "Did you eat?" He nods quickly before returning to his tasks.

"We still have ten minutes before we leave so take your time." He says with a slight smile as he finishes washing the last pan before turning towards me. Looking at him I think my heart started to beat a little faster, Julian was kind of perfect. I mean when you brush aside his annoying qualities and pompous attitude, he was sort of, maybe...perfect.

"Can you come here for a second?" I ask finishing my food as he watches me with suspicion, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" He asks wearily.

"Just come." I say calmly. After a while of him studying me intently, he walks over cautiously. When he's within arms reach I pull him straight into my chest letting his body slip between my legs as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He surprisingly hugs me back as he buries his head into my neck inhaling me deeply.

"Why are we hugging?" He asks pulling back slightly, he raises my shades so he can see my eyes directly.

"I don't know, I like hugging you though." I say truthfully as he runs his hand through my hair.

"Me too." He says with a faint blush. That blush would be the death of me, every time I saw the lovely red tint that rarely flooded his cheeks, my mind would become muddled with lust.

"We should get going." I say knowing that if I didn't get away I'd probably attack him. He nods slightly before moving away and handing me my bag. "Where's your's?"

"Beckett is bringing it for me." He says as we leave the suite and head for the car. We're greeted with smiles and kind remarks as we walk through the pack house, surprisingly they were all on board for the whole two guys ruling thing. Not a single complaint and not a single homophobe, but I wasn't that naive. Someone in the crowd had to be against it and was smart enough to stay quiet, I just hope they stay that way.

"I have a favor to ask you, well not so much a favor, it's more along the lines of a request." Julian says as I park my car in the school parking lot.

"What is it?"

"Would you mind us staying separated during school? It's just that I want to focus on my work." He says looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"What does that have to do with me?" I ask confused by his reasoning. He looks away a few times before glancing back at me as he plays with his fingers. "Spit it out."

"If we stay together I'll get distracted." He says so quickly that I almost missed it. Is he trying to say that I would draw his attention from his work?

"Jewels, are you saying that you can't keep your eyes off me?" I ask amused as a smirk took my face. His cheeks went up in flames as he turned away trying desperately to get out the car but I locked his door quickly. "I'm just playing around, it's fine. I'll stay away."

"No, I want to..." He stops himself as he gets lost in thought. "Can we meet at lunch?"

"Sure." I say bringing an instant smile to his face.

"Okay, I'll see you later." He says as I unlock the door allow him to hop out the car and head inside.

This was going to be a really long day.

-------
I know it's short but I want to write the next part from Julian's P.O.V

Hope you enjoyed though,
Please make sure to vote and comment and share and all that good stuff. I love hearing you guys thoughts and stuff.

Until next time,
Byeeeeeeee humansssss