Chapter 40

Don't play song until you are told.

Aiden's P.O.V

"So....what did you get?" Julian asks nervously as soon as I leave my class. I hand him the paper as his eyes search my paper quickly. "Eighty seven." He says with a growing smile.

"And I didn't bribe anyone." I say making him smile proudly as he wraps his arms around my neck pulling me into a quick kiss.

"I'm proud of you." He says linking our hands as we walk together. He'd been helping me study for the end of term exams which came way quicker than expected. Today was our last day at school before Christmas break, we were getting all our results back so after lunch we'd be free to only be troubled by the pack problems.

"You want to eat with the others or just relax in some classroom." I offer as students rush pass us to the lunch room.

"I rather not see Emitt and Beckett sucking each other's faces off while Isabel takes videos with drool running down her mouth." He says leading us in the opposite direction.

-Flashback-

"Aren't you scared? I'm scared, what if he has no mate like Beckett?" Julian rambles as we walk to the hall together. He didn't show it very well, but he cared a lot about Emitt. I hadn't told him that they were mates, it wasn't my place and it wouldn't affect him.

"It'll be fine." I reply as we enter the hall, it wasn't as packed as it was for our coronation but it was filled with girls from the pack who were desperate to be Emitt's mate. They were all disappointed with Beckett coming up short but they redirected their hope to Emitt, they were in for a surprise.

Now that we were Alphas we were supposed to be present for the Awakening whenever we could, especially for people like our betas and omegas. Most people skipped the whole glamorous process and just waited for it to happen sometime in the day, but of course Emitt wanted to blow everyone away.

The ceremony started shortly after we arrived, we were now standing on the stage with Julian clenching onto my hand tightly even though his face showed no emotion. When they told Emitt to open his eyes, he didn't even blink before running into Beckett's awaiting arms hugging him tightly as the two kissed heatedly as everyone watch them with gapping mouths.

"Those two...." Julian starts looking the most shocked of all. "But Beckett.....two guys again. What?"

I rub his shoulders comfortingly as we continue to watch as the two attack each other ferociously. They didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon so people quickly started leaving as their clothes went flying. I didn't get a glimpse of their parents since I was too busy forcing Isabel out who had tears streaming down her face.

"All my friends....are gay.." She sobs making me frown with worry. "This is the best day of my life!" She screams crying outside the hall as Julian closes the door behind the last disappointed girl.

"Why are all the hot ones gay!" She screams before running to catch up with her friends.

--------end of flashback------

"Do you want to go out tonight?" I ask Julian making him freeze with a piece of lettuce hanging from his mouth as he stares at me with wide eyes.

"Where to?" He asks chewing quickly as he sits up with his legs still hanging over the small student desk.

"We've already done the classics, restaurant and movies. I have a surprise for you." I say making his eyebrows knit together as he watches me suspiciously.

"Should I be scared?"

"Nope, I think I might make you cry tonight." I say making him scoff. "You'll see."