Chapter 2

Dear readers, there is an author's note down there so please do read it!

Nawal's POV

Getting scared brings the worst out of me, I've witnessed it beforehand. If I don't calm myself down, there definitely will be a huge scene and I hate having any attention on me. All I feel is the numbness in my body and nothing else. It's not that I get that type of feeling every day, but I also have no clue when is it about to occur. It could happen at any time. 

The doctors gave the medicines and it really helps a lot. If I don't take any, the doctor said some stuff could happen. Stuff I want to stay away from.

Before reaching my cabin, I made my way to the washroom. Just by looking at my face, I could tell I was terrified. 'Don't worry Nawal, they will never find you. You are happy here and just do your best, focus on the bright side rather than seeing the dark'.

I kept on repeating those lines for a while until I was calm. Optimism is my support. I quickly take a tissue paper and soak in water to gently wipe my face. I check myself again; my face looks much better. 

Here I stand near my cabin— a temporary cabin apparently — as the receptionist said that my new cabin will be beside my boss'. I was quite curious to know about him so I asked her to give a little detail. I got quite embarrassed as I didn't even know his name. So, he is Mr Aadil Sheikh, young CEO and soon to be the owner of TSI. I didn't get much information but she gave once specific one — 'Always do your best. He gets really angry and may lash his anger at you. You may call him rude and arrogant, but all he wants is the best employees in his company. You may have heard about his company almost shut down due to huge money loss.'

I somewhat remember as this news was telecasted almost in all news channels back when I was in Saudi. But we should not judge a book by its cover, so I'll not make any preconceptions regarding him in my mind.

I want to bring out the best of work that I do, so I can earn enough and live a better life. Not like my parents, who spent their time doing anything but playing the role. And involving me in their mysterious work. Sometimes I feel why they didn't abort me, knowing that they were never happy with me. But then it clicks; if they were not able to abort me, they were killing me by torture. There are few things that should be left untold as they will not sooth the pain, in fact, will only deepen up. What will I do now thinking about my not so good childhood? Nothing. So it's better not to think about it right now. I can shape my present into something good for my future, unlike my past.

As I was lost in my thinking yet again,  I saw a beautiful girl, maybe 24, walking towards me. She is wearing a beautiful baby pink colour maxi dress which flowed down to her ankles. It has golden work done on and she matches it with a pink jersey hijab on her head. MashAllah, she was looking beautiful. Seeing her reminded me of my sister. But something was off about her. I just couldn't point out what.

'Hi, there! My name is Shareefa. Nice to meet you!'

I stood frozen in my place. This was the second time someone is being jolly, 'Hello. My name is Nawal. Nice to meet you too.'

Shareefa is an employee of TSI. She has been working here for the past three years and luckily she had not got into any kind of office politics. I guess we both will make a good pair.

I tried to be nonchalant, 'So have you ever seen our boss?' I am still stuck in my awestruck moment and I feel I should congratulate him or something in honour of building such a huge empire by his hard work. He probably received many messages stating the same thing. But I really appreciate people like him who creates something so successful.

Shareefa smiled and stated, 'Well yeah. But only once. By looks, you can tell he's quite handsome.' with a wink at the end. 

I was quite embarrassed about what she just said. I am here just for the work purpose, not planning to get married or something.

I was soo lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Shareefa went to her cabin. I sighed and made my way to my temporary cabin. I just thought the interior of the entire outer and inner office was amazing. But didn't knew my cabin was this much amazing! I mean high-class leather chair, wooden table with my mac book and oh my goodness, my own mini kitchen along with mini fridge! I think I might just bring my stuff and live here. Seriously? I didn't even start my work and I'm this much excited by seeing my cabin. I came near my window and can clearly see the beautiful view of Norwich. I'm really glad I bought my house here — it's an amazing place. But alas, soon I'll have to leave this cabin and share the office with my boss.

I opened my laptop and saw a new email popped on my window screen. I clicked and it was the list of work I have to do — making the meetings on the exact time in fancy restaurants, clearing some paperwork and submit it to print and then file them and then keep it in my boss's office. Since it's my first day, they didn't give much work.

This isn't that hard. I really can do this job without making any mistakes.

After three and half hours later, with six coffee cups, 3 bottles of cold water and my favourite chips being eaten, I finally completed my work. I am enjoying the last bits of my Lays when Sarah came inside.

"Dear, as it's your first day here, you can leave now."

She said politely with her signature smile. I was quite surprised. After she left, I made my way to pack my stuff and go home and finally relax. I think it's due to my over the excitement of finally working that I actually made myself drain every ounce of energy. So going home and sleeping sounds better.

I came out of the building and made my way to my Lexus. I wasn't paying much attention to my way as my phone beeped with a message. Seeing it was only a reminder from Sarah to tell me about my timings is till 3:30 pm unless there's other important work. I smiled, thinking I'm actually doing something.

I was cut by my thoughts when someone collided with my shoulder and held me. 'I'm so sorry!' I said, bit embarrassed. This happened for the second time. I will never walk while checking my phone. What's wrong with me? Clearly, I wasn't being completely focused while walking. As I made an eye-contact, the shock was clearly expressed on his face. Then it turned into anger. Like, pure anger, along with the murderous look. He slightly pushed me and goes to his car and slams it down forcefully, making me flinch a little and drove so fast I thought for a second if he's a member of F-1.

I was confused though. Was he angry before colliding with me? Or was he angry by seeing me? Well, I will get to know when we meet again. Thinking about this, I drove to my house.

*****************************

Heyyaa guys! We are back with a new chapter. Hope y'all liked the new chap. Let us know about our story in the comments!

Do leave a :

LIKE
COMMENT             

                               AND

SHARE OUR STORY!

And please do say if you all want any changes in the style of writing. It'll give us an idea to know what are we doing it properly or not!

And as we all know we have reached the end of the holy month of Ramadan, please remember us in your prayers. And please pray for those who are not well and are undergoing treatments. It's a very pitiful sight to see a friend who gets fits, as you are unable to do anything for her. Please do pray a lot during this time.

Luv Y'all 💕