Chapter 8

I don't know how these three weeks passed, but here I am, standing in my room with a confused look on my face, and my brain that stopped working. What am I going pack for the trip? I have no clue whatsoever. I know this is just a business-related trip but I was never confused! Okay, I'm over-reacting and I have to pack only my formals but I still packed casuals too, in case I get free time to look around the sites in Malaysia.

After 3 hours of debating what I should pack and what I shouldn't, I ended up packing my best formals and casuals. And you can never forget the best hijabs, flats, heels and of course an emergency kit - consisting of body and face products, medicines and ointment.

I know I'm a bit dramatic but who knows? Someone may need it, right?

As I am done with packing, I'm simply sitting on my couch and binge-watching a few episodes of a random show to pass my time. I took this time to recollect what's been happening in my life.

So many changes.

From being jobless, to working multiple jobs, only to turn jobless again and get a job that probably will stay permanent if I don't screw things up. I'm really grateful to even get this opportunity. The least I can do is disappoint my boss constantly and get on his good sides. That's the only thing I can do to ensure I have enough money.

I then went to my room, getting ready for sleep so I don't get late or anything. I made myself completely comfortable and my brain is ready to have some sleep that's worth more than anything when my phone vibrated. I get out of my comfortable bed to check whether it's from office or not.

What I see clearly shocked me and I didn't know how to breathe. The text read,

Boss : Change in plans, Miss Nawal. The meeting is shifted to Saudi Arabia. It was a last minute decision.

Am I dreaming? Ow! I pinched myself to really see if I was dreaming or not. Nope, it's the reality. Why? Nope. N Never...I immediately messaged him and also trying to make myself calm—not working at all— and typed,

Nawal : No. Sorrycan't come.why saudi?Andwhat changed at the last minute??You can go and Istay here working. I am sorry sir but unfortunately, I won't bejjoining myteamm.

This is disastrous. My palms are still shaking after typing that terrible text. I can't stop shaking!

I kept praying that he cancels my trip and take someone else. But knowing him, he'll definitely take me by threatening to fire. Immediately my mobile vibrated and saw he messaged,

Boss : Miss Nawal Ibrahim, as you can see and tell I am the boss here, not you. If you don't come to this meeting, better get ready to receive your letter saying "you are fired". We'll talk about this in detail tomorrow. Good night.

He can do whatever he wants to. I still won't accept this. He will understand that I simply don't want to go and will replace me. Sure, he may still be angry or cut a month or two of my salary but I'm totally fine with that. Okay, Nawal. Try to sleep and let's just forget this happened. This might be a dream and I'll wake up with a smile on my face as we'll be going to Malaysia. Yeah, that's a good idea. I laid down with my eyes closed and soon sleep overtook my body.

»»»♥«««

I woke up to my alarm. Suddenly I remembered where I have to be and...I'm not ready for this. I know I said that it'll be all fine but how can it be? I've done most of the work in this project and anybody would need at least four or five days to fully grasp the details. And if I don't go, he will definitely fire me, which, at this point, I cannot afford it. That leaves me with one choice: visit Saudi Arabia.