Chapter 4

'Wait...'

I stood still in my place. I couldn't believe he actually spoke to me, after all, he stormed angrily from the parking lot. What do I do? Turn back and talk to him? Or just walk away to my home as I know he's got anger issues. But wouldn't it be rude? He might get angry with me even more. I really don't want to make any enemies here.

My brain couldn't decide but my feet started to walk in his way.

'Yes?' I cautiously asked, trying to be as careful as I sounded. But it ended up as a whisper.

'What are you doing here?' The grumpy guy asked after ten seconds. Wait, why is he asking this question as if he owns this area?

He gave an emotionless chuckle, 'yes, I own this place and live here too, sometimes.' I widened my eyes when I realized I said my thought out loud. I really should stop doing that.

He motioned his eyes towards an abandoned apartment to my left. It's not that far away, but it's not that nearby either. At night it looks kind of creepy, standing all alone with no other neighbour's houses.

'But, I never saw you here. What are you doing here?' The grumpy guy asked again with a face full of anger but he somehow was controlling it. Again, why does he seems to be angry with me?

'Actually, I live here too.' I pointed my finger towards my home. I then facepalmed myself mentally. Why did I show my house? He can be a murderer after all. 

I rolled my eyes at that thought. He doesn't even look like one. He looks charming yet bossy. The dim light from the street made me look at his face bit more clearly.

'Didn't your parents told that it isn't safe to go out at late nights?' He asked a few moments later. That question froze whatever thoughts were running in my head. Right, it is because of them I am what I am today. It's because of them I don't get scared in late nights as it now calms me down. I was laughing silently at the irony of it. The last time they cared about me was probably when I was a baby. But I know I'm thinking too much.

Seeing me laugh annoyed him, 'did I cracked a joke or something?' I quickly covered my laugh and with a poker face, I told him, looking straight in the eye 'I don't live with my parents. And it's due to them I am—'

I don't know why I almost said that. But I was somewhat convinced that he won't do any harm to me. When I saw what expression he had, he was confused for a second before covering it, showing he was interested in my story. As if.

'I should get going. Ma Salama.' I made my way and entered my home without even looking at him.

I made my way upstairs to my bed and didn't bother to remove my scarf as suddenly I felt the exhaustion consuming me. Before closing my eyes, Grumpy Guy's face flashed. It feels I'll be sleeping like a baby tonight.

»»»♥«««

Well, when I said I'll sleep like a baby, I didn't really mean it as my ever so favourite alarm woke me up. What a great morning to start with, sarcasm dripping in my every thought.

I got up, shutting the alarm down. I was feeling irritated. Normally I don't compromise my sleep at all, not even for anything important, but now it seems I have to daily sacrifice it.

After loads of struggles, I finally got up and rushed to the washroom to do my daily routine. Approximately forty-five minutes later, I was out in my bathing robe and started searching for my clothes which would be okay for today. I checked my maxi dress and my coat section, deciding the colour combination. Finally, I decided to go with the idea of a white maxi dress with little flower prints on the end of the dress and a yellow coat. For the hijab, I searched my drawer and grabbed a  white coloured hijab. Quickly, I got my hair dried, made it into a bun, got dressed and covered my head. I checked the time, it's 8:20 am! I need to rush out as I need to report before 9 am.

I ran out and rushed inside my car. I started it and soon at 8:50 am I reached there. I got out of my car and quickly went inside, getting a few strange looks from the people outside but I didn't give much attention. I'm here, finally, and that matters the most. I went in and reached the elevator. As the doors were going to close I see Grumpy Guy, whom I saw yesterday outside my home. He entered in, there were two more people apart from us and they both greeted him with a 'good morning, sir'. My guess is that he may be at a higher post or something. So I also decided to wish him too. He just looked at me blankly and nodded. The two people left the elevator and only Grumpy Guy and I are here. Finally, we stopped at a 38th floor and I was relieved that I have been saved from this awkward situation. As I started to leave I find him also leaving the lift.

'I want you to report in my office at 9:30 am, any second late and you can say goodbye to this job.' He told me— no— ordered me. His voice is... I can't even describe it. It's soothing yet full of authority. Just by standing the air around him screamed 'power'. Now that the lighting is clear, I could clearly see his features and I'm afraid. I never, ever felt like this before. Why am I saying stuff like that? Seriously? Soothing voice?

And he's ordering me as if I'm under his charge or something. Oh god. What if he is my boss?

I thought not to be rude and ask him questions so I just stated 'sure, sir.' 

I went to my cabin and got to know that it will be mine only for a week then I need to shift to my boss's cabin. I started piling up my today's work accordingly and thought to start it. I feel that Grumpy Guy is my boss, otherwise, there is no other explanation as to why he ordered me. Our introduction wasn't the best. He might think of me as something else. To avoid all of that I need to do my best and show him that I am capable and worthy of this job.

Soon at 9:28 am, I left my cabin and rushed to his cabin. I knocked on his door and entered inside. The scenario in front of me is worth seeing. His office is amazing and when I say amazing, it is indeed amazing.

Ma Sha Allah! This is something I was waiting to see. I never expected I would see such an amazing interior that only can be found in magazines. But this? This is something much more, much beautiful. That expensive high-quality wooden desks, oh my! That comfortable, light green coloured sofa, and that chandelier, which is, by the way, the showstopper of this office. How much money these people do own! If I spent my entire life working and even if I sell my organs, then also I won't be able to buy such an amazing looking furniture.

'Miss Nawal, if you have completed gawking at my office interior, you can take a seat,' said Grumpy Guy. The way he pronounced my name made me feel something in my stomach. It was as if he was testing to say it.

My goodness! I don't even know his name yet! Oh, wait. When I came across his desk, his name was perfectly displayed — Mr Aadil Sheikh.

Aadil. My heart started to beat a bit faster when I said his name in my head. The name suits him in every possible way.

The tapping sound made me come back to reality. He was looking annoyed but bit amused by my state. I then realized that he was waiting for my reply.

'Uh...' Think something fast, you idiot! 'Actually, I wasn't gawking. Never in my life I have seen such amazing office! How much money do you own!' Oh, God, why I had to say that! I am so embarrassed right now. And now my face probably turned crimson red. I can't even look at my boss now.

'Sorry, sorry, sorry! I d-didn't meant t-that.' Great. Now I'm stuttering. What a great job you have done, Nawal. Wow, today my day is full of sarcasm.

*****************************

As Salaam Alaikum dear readers,
We are back with a new update.
Hope you all like it.

The next update will be in the pov of Aadil. Are you excited?

Do     

•VOTE
•Comment
AND

•SHARE THIS STORY!

Love Y'all💕