Chapter 6

Nawal

'Are you going to fire me?'

I said being very careful. For what reason? I have just joined! Without replying to me he just motioned me to follow him. Why is he just ordering me? I get it that he is my boss but there are some human ethics that he should follow. I am not his slave. Anyway, currently, I am in such a situation where I can't think of any other option but to just follow him. So here I am, standing in his office, in front of him, waiting for his order.

'Miss Nawal, sorry if....' I cut him off before he could complete his sentence. 'Wait, wait, wait. I just joined! How can you fire someone without even seeing what they are capable of?! I just came here to say you this; please don't fire me. I really need this job to have money and...' Was I really going to say my personal stuff? And that to that grumpy, arrogant and selfish person, who wouldn't care about it.

'I don't beg for anything in my life and also I'm not going to beg you for this job cause you and I both know I am capable of this job and can do much better than others.' Okay, Nawal, get ready to get buried in the ground. You are going to die anytime soon. I mean, why I always show my arrogance?

Oh, you know, the fact that you get arrogant when you are nervous and angry at the same time.

I seriously need to go and do a mental check-up.

He didn't saw my resume! I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear Mr Sheikh speaking. But I somehow caught what he said. Something about 'really courageous and a fighter. Nice.' Wait, did he said that to me? 'Um, what did you just say?'

'Miss Nawal,' he said so suddenly with a loud voice that I flinched a bit. His high voice reminded me of them... of him especially, the person whom once I thought was my prince charming, my king. But not anymore. He does not even have the right to be called a dad, let alone a father. He's just a guy. An old, pathetic, a shame on the word 'dad'.

'Hey, are you okay?' Mr Sheikh said, made me quite surprised. I don't even remember the last time someone actually asked me how am I. How am I, actually? The girl who is constantly fighting internally but has a facade because people don't really understand you.

'Yeah, yeah I am fine. You were saying something?' I asked. I am dying to know what he's going to say.

'I was saying that you are not fired.' Wait, hold up a second. What I heard is true?

He was chuckling and said 'Yes, what you heard is indeed true, Miss Nawal Ibrahim. You are not going anywhere.' I really need to stop making my thoughts read out loud. It's becoming embarrassing now.

'Really! Oh my god, oh my god!' I was so happy that I wasn't getting fired. Then I heard a throat clearing. I didn't even realise I was in the office, with my boss having difficulty to keep his face neutral.

'Okay, I really just should go now before I embarrass myself more and regret it for the rest of my life,' I said it to myself.

'Thank you very much for not firing me, sir. I will give my best to this company and I won't let you and this company down. I shall leave now.'

I said and made my way towards the door. 'Wait,' he suddenly said making me stop in my tracks and looked at him and he continued 'I heard what you said. I don't really think you need a mental check-up.' He said with amusement filled voice.

The sound of ringing woke me from my sleep. I then saw that I slept during the office time! I quickly picked the receiver and it was Sarah telling me that it's almost time to go home. It was cute and heart melting to see her motherly side. I've never experienced in my life and whenever she does the smallest thing-—like reminding me to go home— it makes me emotional. I'm hoping to not embarrass myself in front of her by crying.

The dream—which happened in real life—was weird, in every sense. I actually got fired within 4 days from the last place I worked. The reason is still unknown to me. But in the dream, it was Mr Aadil and not that old man. And I almost said about my life to a stranger? Well, in a dream, but still.

My eyes widened when I remembered the part where he showed concern for me. That was...interesting, to be honest—

Why am I still thinking about a dream? And why am I still thinking about my boss! I just need to go home and sleep like there's no tomorrow.

So I packed my stuff and cleaned my desk before heading out. I saw Mr Aadil coming out too and gave a small nod and quickly went out.

He almost looked eager to go home, just like me.

Or, he is making his way to work on other stuff.

Anyways, why should I care?

Right?

*****************************

Hii guys! It's a filler chapter and we are sorry if you find this boring!

Love Y'all 💕