Chapter 55

Three years later...

Nawal's POV

People say life is like a rollercoaster. It indeed is. But here's the twist. When on the ride, you go up, it either means you will be having the best time of your life or the worst. And same goes when you reach down on the ride. That's interesting. And to sum up my life, it's the same exact thing - twisted. You can even label confusion in between. But here's the thing, when I felt I might be on the highest point and enjoying myself, it went opposite and became the worst time. And when I thought this is the worst scenario, turned out to be the best time of my life. Ever.

After leaving Aadil's house for the best, it was hard for me to keep things on track. It was the lowest point. I almost gave up on many things. But a little hard work and lot more patience later, life is seemingly going on the right track. The most difficult part was where to live and the portions of food. I used all of my savings from my salary and bought a new house which was less spacious but good. I soon started to apply for a new job and I even got calls from them saying they'll let me know. It's been six months and they didn't call. That didn't stop me from searching other jobs. I started working at a restaurant near to my new house and then go for a second shift. I didn't care about me constantly being tired of all the work and also doing the extras, but in the end, it was worth it. They pay well here. So it wasn't a big deal. The owner, Mrs Layla Martinez of Martinez's corner is a lovely 36-year-old lady. She knows about me constantly searching for a job and she even knows that once I get the news, I might not work every day here. She is the closest motherly figure for me and I love spending time here.

She lost her daughter and husband during a car crash. She doesn't talk about it but I can understand what she's been through. Our stories are not related, but it doesn't mean you can't understand their emotions as well. So all of the workers here are like her family. I made a new friend here. Zaynab is just two years younger than me, but at times she is more mature than anyone else. People here are really friendly and I am glad that they don't judge each other.

You must be thinking what about Aadil?

Well that day when I went to have a talk with him, he seemed to be soo tired, tired of life, tired of living. Tired of his existence. Seeing him in pain, hurt me. But I needed time. I needed time to get my mind straight. I could not just forget everything, even though I have forgiven him!

After making him understand my point of view, I asked him for space, that space which is necessary for our relationship. In the beginning, he was not ready to understand me but after a lot of pleadings he accepted but not before forcing me to accept half of his company shares and also opening up a joint account.

This was not it, he wanted me to assure him a particular time in a day, where he would be able to meet me. But I want to take things slow now, so made him ready for twice a week rather than daily for two hours.

But those four hours a week are worth it. At times he does stretch out for a longer period of time but I tend to ignore and not say anything. After all, he is trying his best.

Initially, when I was in search of a job, he did offer to join his company or else in any high paid company, but now its high time I stand on my own and do something. I politely rejected his offer.

I don't want to utilise his money currently, though he has kept them for me. I want to prove, not anybody but just my self. I want to prove my capability and once am successful in doing so I'll go back to him, InshAllah.

Today is the day we are going to meet again. Am kind of excited. It's been a while actually. The last time we met feels like it's been years, but only three months. He was busy in his work and although he was ready to leave everything just for the sake of meeting me, I told him not to. I was kind of busy too. I kept on looking for other jobs but there are no answers coming back. I won't be losing my hope anytime soon.