Chapter 15

Nawal's POV

These past days are quite stressful. I bet it will be for few weeks, as half of the project work is done by me, and I gotta make sure everything is perfect. Everyone is keeping pretty high expectation from me. I can't sleep properly and neither I'm having proper food - just snacks here and there. As now I am sitting for a two minute break, my brain went to the time my idiot brain gave an amazing idea (heavily sarcasm) to message - or rather rambling him to forgive me. Still get embarrassed for that fact. Yet, his reply still makes me grin like an idiot. It said,

"Hey, hey hey. Stop it Nawal. I can't handle it. My stomach is literally paining due to a full 5 minute laughter. I am not even mad at you. Yet for your satisfaction, you are forgiven. Have a good night. P.S, thanks by the way for making me laugh."

      ___♧___♧____♢___♧____♧____

A sudden voice rattled me. Upon seeing, I got to know my boss knocked on the door and is very impatiently waiting. I stood from my place and was about to ask him wha-

"How irresponsible of you! Here my employees and I work Miss Ibrahim not daydream. I won't tolerate such behavior from anyone."

His words deeply hurt me. How could he say like that? I just took a two minute - TWO MINUTE break and he is behaving as if I wasted an entire hour or so. I tried to calm myself and said, "Sir, it's not what is seemed like. I just took a few minut-"

Suddenly a pain shot in my brain - as if someone hit me hard from the back and then started to poke needles on my sides. I quickly sat on my leather chair and checked my drawer for painkiller. Dang it! Where is it? I kept on searching and couldn't find it. "Oh right. The great Nawal is back again. By showing how superior she is and what not!" Mr. Sheikh's voice made me realize he still is standing here. Great. I just made him more mad. I get it, everyone is tensed regarding this project and not getting much rest but come on! You don't have to be so rude. Still, keeping my tone calm n patient I said, "Sir, sorry for that. Like I was saying, I just took a few minutes break - two to be exact. I'm not wasting my time or daydreaming. Again, I am sorry that you had to come here to ask something. What can I do for you?" I don't even know how I did that. From inside my blood is literally boiling. Thanks to Selena's 'Kill em with kindness'. My head started to shot that same kind of pain again. God, I can't wait to have a snack. "As I wanted to say fifteen minutes ago, send that file which contains all the sketches to printing office. I need atleast 6 copies of that. After printing, send it to my office." And with that, the great Mr Aadil left my cabin.

I started to massage my head to minimise the pain, but no use. It's getting worse. I thought to deal with the pain later and go with the work. I made my way to the room for printing and saw Shareefa, deeply thinking about something. "Hey! Are you okay? You look so serious." I asked in a teasing manner and saw her smiling. "Actually, yeah. Something important related. What are you doing here though? She asked being curious as I don't usually come here.

"Yes, I need to print the pages in this file. 6 times! Talk about more workload. Not saying that I can't do it. But these few days became quite....you know with more work? Thus adding more pressure than ever. Can't have proper food and sleep now." She looked with sympathy and sad face. "Hey! Don't be sad. Well, let me continue with my work or our sir will again eat my brain." I said the last line in a whisper so no one can hear.

                ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

After 20 minutes of properly keeping the pages of 6 copies in place, I made my way to Grumpy Guy's office. I knocked on the door and waited for him to say something, but nothing came. I knocked again, louder this time. Still no reply. Hmm, wonder what's happening inside. As I entered I saw him sleeping! Like good gracious! Never saw him so tired and extra work. He is leaning on his chair with a file in his hands and a serious look on his face. Yet he looks so cute and handsome! I really wanted to wipe away that seriousness away. Huh. Few minutes ago he was lecturing about not wasting time and look at him! I thought to wake him up, but seeing how adorable he looks this way, I decided not to. I quitely kept the files and made my way out.